Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnel Tour - anyone want to split tour cost for half day on March 22?

• cisdeluca

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2011

I am going to be in HCMC on March 22 (Tuesday) and am hoping to find some fellow Travelfishers to split a half day tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels.
    http://www.luxurytravelvietnam.com/EN/Vietnam_tours/Daytrips/trip_halfday_cuchi.htm

I am hoping to go in the afternoon - please let me know if you are interested!!

#1 Posted: 20/3/2011 - 21:05

• Advertisement

• Trek

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2011

Hi,

I think it's best you look around.

try this website, it's half the price for single.

http://www.vietnamstay.com/tour/dailytour_saigon.htm

cheers,

#2 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 21:48

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can ask around for private tours - there are lots of agents in the backpackers area of District 1 who can arrange them. To be honest, I'm not really certain what you gain by taking one, given the time taken. Even group tours take about the same amount of time (2hrs to get there, one hour or so doing the tunnels and another 2 hours back to HCMC). They also usually have an English guide and can be had for as little as $5. Entrance fees are 80k vnd ($4). Firing of guns is an added expense.

#3 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 22:19

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

...Oh, man..This must be your first trip in VN, isn't it? CuChi is not far from HCM City at all. You could rent a scooter for a few bucks a day and ride yourself there or take a bus. Given it to the fact that gate fee is ...cheap, even firing live ammunition from B.A.R machine gun (UAS made) or AK47 (Russian made).....In my opinion, it's best way to...enjoy yourself, Buddy. Cheer!

#4 Posted: 22/3/2011 - 07:42

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I agree, no point in taking a private tour and then share it with complete strangers. Just take one of those cheap half day tours. They're fine. Once you arrive it will be full with people anyway so you won't beat the crowds or get a more authentic experience.

#5 Posted: 22/3/2011 - 13:18

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Randy
    ...Oh, man..This must be your first trip in VN, isn't it? CuChi is not far from HCM City at all. You could rent a scooter for a few bucks a day and ride yourself there or take a bus.

Most places are now charging $6 for bike rent . And if it is his first trip to Vietnam the last thing I'd say is go grab a bike and ride yourself. It's probably the easiest way to get yourself in need of some medical attention. Even worse, if you don't have a license you usually invalidate your travel insurance anyway. Having done the trip on a bike myself, it isn't exactly the best or most comfortable way to get to Cu Chi. Take a bus.

#6 Posted: 22/3/2011 - 21:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Day tour from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho ... By teyc on 1 Nov 2012 2 1917 5 Nov 2012
Vinh Moc tunnel tour price advice please ... By JaTo on 2 Jan 2008 1 2537 2 Jan 2008
Big mistake to tour Thailand,Laos in March&April?? ... By universalee on 14 Feb 2014 7 585 15 Feb 2014
Cambodia trip with tour company? Advice? end march 2012 ... By Jen30 on 28 Nov 2011 2 2545 1 Dec 2011
3 day Mekong Delta tour from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh ... By rocketgirl on 27 Dec 2007 1 7030 27 Dec 2007
Mini Cost - New Guesthouse in Chiang Mai Old City ... By daydreamer on 12 May 2006 0 2336 12 May 2006