Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi hostel recommendations anyone?

Posted by shoestringer on 21/3/2011 at 01:52

Hello all
I arrive in hanoi on the 6th of april for my four month trip, can anyone vouch for any hostels in the old qtr? im going to be travelling on a pretty tight budget, but i dont mind spending a little more thyan normal for the first week. i have in my budget around 8-10$ us for accomodation.

looking for a clean hostel no more than $14 (cheaqper the better!)

Thankyou.

#1 shoestringer has been a member since 15/1/2011. Posts: 18

Posted by shoestringer on 26/3/2011 at 05:37

seems nobody stays in hostels ay.

#2 shoestringer has been a member since 15/1/2011. Posts: 18

Posted by yanyhn on 26/3/2011 at 08:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, There are some hotel on Ly Quoc Su streets suit your enquiry. My friends stayed there when they visited Hanoi. I don't remember exactly the name of hotel. I will check again and inform you.

#3 yanyhn has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by chriswotton on 27/3/2011 at 16:03

I remember that when I was in Hanoi , a friend had very good things to say about the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - details here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/vietnam/hanoi_and_surrounds/hanoi/hanoi/all/2291

Personally, I can't recommend the Hanoi Youth Hotel enough - I've only stayed in their private rooms. At $5, the dorm rooms are in fact cheaper than the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel, but they only have four, and if they're fully booked you may find their private rooms out of the budget you're looking at. Details here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/vietnam/hanoi_and_surrounds/hanoi/hanoi/all/2306

Both options are in the Old Quarter. Happy travels!

#4 chriswotton has been a member since 7/9/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 95
 Where has chriswotton been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by travellingsarah on 28/3/2011 at 15:58 TF writer

Hanoi Backpackers Hostel also has a new hostel at 9 Ma May. If you book on line it's cheaper I think The private rooms are out of your budget but the dorm beds are good and reasonable. http://www.vietnambackpackershostels.com/

#5 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by shoestringer on 29/3/2011 at 04:32

Thankyou everybody i think hanoi backpackers looks a good choice from what ive been reading. Its good to feel abit security when first arriving.
Thanks!

#6 shoestringer has been a member since 15/1/2011. Posts: 18

Posted by yanyhn on 3/4/2011 at 19:30

Posted from within Vietnam.

another address for you: Hanoi Central Backpackers - 45A Ly Quoc Su, Hanoi

#7 yanyhn has been a member since 3/2/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by yongin85 on 28/5/2011 at 16:08

hi,
Hanoi Backpacker no 48 Ngo Huyen is good choice for you budget. There are usually many young backpacker tourists come there. But if you go with group of 2 or 3 people, you could stay together in hotel, not hostel and I can recommend you some good hotel with budget of 25- 30$, it means that you have to pay only 8-10$ per person with breakfast. Here are some good hotels in hanoi:
+ Thaison palace hotel
+ Hanoi Symphony hotel
+ Asia palace hotel
+ Vietfun hotel
+ Golden plaza hotel
They are good hotels and all located in the Hanoi Old quarter center, very convenient

#8 yongin85 has been a member since 28/5/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.