Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi hostel recommendations anyone?

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

Hello all
    I arrive in hanoi on the 6th of april for my four month trip, can anyone vouch for any hostels in the old qtr? im going to be travelling on a pretty tight budget, but i dont mind spending a little more thyan normal for the first week. i have in my budget around 8-10$ us for accomodation.

looking for a clean hostel no more than $14 (cheaqper the better!)

Thankyou.

#1 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 01:52

• Advertisement

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

seems nobody stays in hostels ay.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 05:37

• yanyhn

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, There are some hotel on Ly Quoc Su streets suit your enquiry. My friends stayed there when they visited Hanoi. I don't remember exactly the name of hotel. I will check again and inform you.

#3 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 08:45

• chriswotton

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2008
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 9
    Places visited:
    At least 50

I remember that when I was in Hanoi , a friend had very good things to say about the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel - details here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/vietnam/hanoi_and_surrounds/hanoi/hanoi/all/2291

Personally, I can't recommend the Hanoi Youth Hotel enough - I've only stayed in their private rooms. At $5, the dorm rooms are in fact cheaper than the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel, but they only have four, and if they're fully booked you may find their private rooms out of the budget you're looking at. Details here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/vietnam/hanoi_and_surrounds/hanoi/hanoi/all/2306

Both options are in the Old Quarter. Happy travels!

#4 Posted: 27/3/2011 - 16:03

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Hanoi Backpackers Hostel also has a new hostel at 9 Ma May. If you book on line it's cheaper I think The private rooms are out of your budget but the dorm beds are good and reasonable. http://www.vietnambackpackershostels.com/

#5 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 15:58

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

Thankyou everybody i think hanoi backpackers looks a good choice from what ive been reading. Its good to feel abit security when first arriving.
    Thanks!

#6 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 04:32

• yanyhn

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

another address for you: Hanoi Central Backpackers - 45A Ly Quoc Su, Hanoi

#7 Posted: 3/4/2011 - 19:30

• yongin85

Joined Travelfish
    28th May, 2011

hi,
    Hanoi Backpacker no 48 Ngo Huyen is good choice for you budget. There are usually many young backpacker tourists come there. But if you go with group of 2 or 3 people, you could stay together in hotel, not hostel and I can recommend you some good hotel with budget of 25- 30$, it means that you have to pay only 8-10$ per person with breakfast. Here are some good hotels in hanoi:
    + Thaison palace hotel
    + Hanoi Symphony hotel
    + Asia palace hotel
    + Vietfun hotel
    + Golden plaza hotel
    They are good hotels and all located in the Hanoi Old quarter center, very convenient

#8 Posted: 28/5/2011 - 16:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hostel Recommendations ... By escape4ever on 3 Feb 2012 2 2014 13 Feb 2012
Beachfront Hostel Recommendations ... By Frank16 on 25 Sep 2011 1 1595 25 Sep 2011
Bangkok hostel recommendations ... By britishhippy on 10 Nov 2010 2 3080 12 Nov 2010