Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

24 days south-to-north trip in April

• Rahel

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2011

Hey there!
    Me and my boyfriend will be in Vietnam for 24 days in April.
    We're planning our trip right now and would love any comments on whether you'd leave out or change any stops!
    We're flying into HCMC and plan on staying there for 2 days, then spent 2 days in Can Tho to see the Mekong Delta.
    Then travel to Dalat for 3 days and do some motorcycle tours there. Next, three days in Nha Trang just relaxing at the beach and doing some scuba diving. Then, we want to travel to Quy Nhon and stay there for about 2 days to break up the the trip to Hoi An . Or should we just stay longer in Nha Trang and travel directly (possibly overnight) to Hoi An?
    In Hoi An we plan to stay - again - about 2 days, then stop a day at Hue and make a motorcycle DMZ tour, possibly out of Dong Ha.
    Afterwards, take the overnight train to Hanoi, where we will be staying the last five days, including a 2 day trip to Halong Bay.
    Thank you for your advice!
    Rahel

#1 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 02:42

• Advertisement

• JasonB

Click here to learn more about JasonB
    Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011
    Location Vietnam

I think you want to see the floating markets in Can Tho , so you should take a bus at night and then get to Can Tho in the early morning; It's best time to visit the floating markets. If you stay there overnight, you should visit a floating restaurant at Ninh Kieu.

#2 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 09:27

• Rahel

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2011

Thanks for your reply, JasonB!
    We want to stay overnight on Can Tho , so that we can see the floating markets in the morning - taking the bus at night would require you to leave at HCMC at midnight, wouldn't it?
    On the first day in Can Tho we would just like to explore the Delta a bit, maybe by bicycle - is that possible from Can Tho or should head for a smaller town first?

#3 Posted: 22/3/2011 - 16:22

• ElmoAustria

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2011

We are also doing a very similar trip in April and have booked to do a cycling tour in the Mekong Delta thinking it was a more relaxing way to see this area somewhat off the beaten tour bus track. The tour we have booked is with http://sinhbalo.com/cgi-bin/app.cgi - the LP explains that Le Van Sinh, the brains behind the Sinh café network, is the owner of this company so we figured it was reputable. And so far everything has gone to plan! Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

#4 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 00:13

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Have an idea of the possible options for moving around, but figure it out when you get there. If you like somewhere, stay longer. If not, stay shorter. People disagree about all of the places you plan on going. I'm not a big fan of HCMC, Nha Trang, or Hoi An, but love Hue and Hanoi. That's me. Figure it out when you get there. that's what I sez...

'sheeed

#5 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 11:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam South-North 10th of April ... By Michelle86 on 6 Apr 2013 0 591 6 Apr 2013
North Vietnam in 14 days in April before setting up in HCM CITY! ... By sista on 12 Mar 2008 1 1839 12 Mar 2008
If you had 30 days in Laos ..... (North and/or South) ... By dclayw on 17 Sep 2009 10 3729 12 Oct 2009
10 days in vietnam : North vs South ? Both ? ... By robkius on 2 Jul 2010 1 4209 3 Jul 2010
Itinerary Critique - Vietnam South to North in 6 days ... By camsydt on 3 May 2013 8 2460 12 May 2013
First time Thailand, Itenary for 23-24 days ... North, South, Bangkok ... By Aryx on 17 Oct 2014 7 1112 13 Nov 2014
My Proposed trip South To north Feedback please ... By MrMidrange on 7 Nov 2006 1 1981 7 Nov 2006
Dilemma - 11 days in Vietnam (4 lost up North) - Head straight South after? ... By alt on 9 Dec 2011 3 2167 9 Dec 2011
One month North to South trip with 3 smallish children?! ... By snllfamily on 6 Feb 2007 2 3873 6 Feb 2007
North & South Loas trip 23 Feb 2010 - general information offer ... By flipflops on 24 Feb 2010 3 2212 25 Feb 2010