Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Beaches?

• fenn

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Hi Guys,

Ive been trowling through this site trying to plan where I want to go in Vietnam.
    I really just want to spend a few days to a week travelling around the islands and enjoying the beaches here more than anything else.
    Has anyone got any reccomendations of the best scenic/lively(ish) beachs please.

Also I plan to travel by bus/train overnight from Cambodia into Vietnam - so any recommended crossings from camodia to get to the islands faster would also really be appreciated.

#1 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 22:36

• Advertisement

• jnelson232

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011
    Location United States

For a lively/ish time I would recommend Nha Trang. Its has a decent amount of bars with really good happy hour deals as well as tour organizers offering booze cruises to outlying islands.
    A ton of young backpackers and cheap prices made this a pretty good party scene.

#2 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 23:20

• Positivetra-
    vel

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Like jnelson232 Nha Trang probably your best bet for lively beaches. I personally liked Cui Dai beach which is near Hoi An, very relaxing as well as some great seafood restaurnats. Mui Ne has a nice stretch of beach too, although the nighlife can be a little quite alothough there are some small little bars that can be busy enough at night.

#3 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 01:22

• JasonB

Click here to learn more about JasonB
    Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011
    Location Vietnam

If you are travelling to Vietnam from Cambodia, You can take a bus to get to Ha Tien , and from Ha Tien you can take a ferry to visit Phu Quoc island which is the largest island in Vietnam. You will see that is one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam. Hope you have a nice trip.

#4 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 09:17

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Phnom Penh to Saigon by bus including customs is 6 hours. Its very easy - no problems.

excellent article on traveling overland to and from Cambodia.
    http://www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/overland.htm

train journeys in vietnam
    http://www.seat61.com/Vietnam.htm

#5 Posted: 30/3/2011 - 07:33

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

I have been based in Nha Trang in Vietnam for the last 3 odd years.

I stay at Hon Chong beach 3 odd ks from the tourist area.
    Great spot to enjoy beach life.

Not been to Mui Ne but believe it is better for wind sports. Accommodation / restaurants are more spread out.

The tourist area of Nha Trang is all around 1 block though it is starting to expand.

Have a good trip.

#6 Posted: 30/3/2011 - 07:38

• fenn

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Thanks guys =]

#7 Posted: 30/3/2011 - 23:19

• vella

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2011
    Location United States

Hi,
    Vietnam is a wonderful place to have vacations.. There are so many beaches to visit.. One of my favourite is China Beach , located between Da Nang and Hoi An, China Beach is most famous for its20-mile stretch of luscious beachfront property. This is where UStroops landed during the Vietnam War in the 1970s. It is also known forbeing a hangout for US soldiers, and over the years, it has transformeditself into a stunning Asian beach destination that boasts upscalecomfort, service, and amenities.

I hope this will help you out!

#8 Posted: 4/4/2011 - 10:57

• duong

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2010

There are some famous places for your beach vacation in Vietnam:

+ Hoian, Danang ( Cua Dai, Non Nuoc)

+ Nha Trang

+ Phan Thiet ( Mui Ne)

+ Phu Quoc Island

+ Vung Tau

For the transfer Cambodia - Vietnam, there are 3 options:

+ Air - plance

+ Public bus

+ Public express boat ( Chau Doc - Phnom Penh)

Cheers,

#9 Posted: 9/4/2011 - 11:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.