Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vovinam Training (Martial Arts)

• rduchateau

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011

Heading to Vietnam in June and hoping to get the chance to train in the Vietnamese Martial Art
    Vovinam. Anyone have any information where I can take some classes? Also interested in training MMA/BJJ/Muay Thai/Boxing while in Vietnam. Where are the gyms? Any info would be sweet and greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 1/4/2011 - 09:32

• Advertisement

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

In Nha Trang there are several local gyms. They average about 100.000 VND about $5US per month for a room mostly full of free weights. Not seen any with kick bags.

Some big hotels such as Sunrise hotel and Novatel have good quality equipment small rooms some with pool.

http://www.sunrisenhatrang.com.vn/wellnessdetail/item/2
    http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-6033-novotel-nha-trang/services.shtml#

Don't know the price but will check for you in soon.

I know that the sunrise was good value if you are here for 6 months but on daily price i think was $10 US. Recently one of the guys was saying the Novotel was better value.

A lot of the schools have martial arts classes, however most of the ones i have seen have only been kids. I have not seen any adult classes.

I will have a look around again and see if i can find some clubs.

I have a few websites I will track down update here.

How long are you planning to stay in Vietnam?
    Whats your rough travel plan?

cheers

#2 Posted: 10/4/2011 - 10:42

• rubayee

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

Hi there
    I am looking for a martial arts / Physical training in Vietnam for one year with lowest tuition fee cost.
    if you can help me please,

Kind regards

Riaz

#3 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 15:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
martial arts ... By stu6742 on 18 Jun 2013 6 1682 27 Nov 2013
Martial Arts in SEA ... By rduchateau on 1 Apr 2011 1 2001 1 Apr 2011
Martial arts and sports for kids in Chiang Mai? ... By ashsmoen on 18 Dec 2014 0 96 18 Dec 2014