Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi guesthouses suggestions

• joseee1980

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2007

Hi after reading the travelfish guides on guesthouses in hanoi i have narrowed down to tung trung, artist guesthouse or even the golden lotus at a much higher price. Does anyone of you have any experience with the above list, is the extra 30usd or so on golden lotus worth it for the room and the location? i assume all of them are in old quarters.

Next are there travel agencies around these area where i can book air tickets to my next destination which is luang prabang, i wouldnt be able to reserve the air tixs online

thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 23:33

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi joseee1980,

Welcome to Travelfish

Golden Lotus is a completely different style place -- it's just on the edge of the old quarter but is more of a mid-range hotel than a guesthouse. While I was very impressed with Artist, it has had some mixed reviews since then -- my vote would be for Tung Trang.

Hanoi is crawling in travel agents - you'll have no trouble finding one to book your flights

#2 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 06:21

• joseee1980

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2007

thank you for your reply, i read somewhere that you gotta hold on to onwards travel document for entry into vietnam but there's no way i will be able to get hold of documents from hanoi to lpb, it's a pain boooking tickets from laos aviation and vietnam airlines around here but i have onward travel documents from Lpb to bangkok and bangkok back to singapore. Will they suffice. Thank you it wold be silly to be rejected entry

#3 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 09:24

• soccersimo

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

we are in a guesthouse now just west of the big lake in the city.
    FORTUAN HOTELS
    it is $10 a night with free breakfast and free internet.
    the rooms are the best we have stayed in so far in asia.

#4 Posted: 21/1/2007 - 11:57

• Brainfreeze

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm staying in Hanoi at The Kangaroo hotel - 71 Hang Luoc str., Hoan Kiem - it's near to the indoor day market. I'm paying 8 USD a night for a great room. There is hot water, bathroom with tub, air con (although you don't need it!) Fridge (good prices on the beverages) satalite t.v - There is free internet downstairs, a restaurant and an unbelievably kind and helpful woman. They have rooms for a little bit less - 6USD with fewer commodeties and 3USD if you want to share a room.

#5 Posted: 21/1/2007 - 20:37

• nathantaylor

Joined Travelfish
    11th January, 2007

You can book flights on vietnam airlines from Hanoi to Luang Prabang through www.zuji.com for about $150 USD one way.
    Have read somewhere that Laos airlines charges $115USD for exactly the same flight on the same plane.

#6 Posted: 25/1/2007 - 08:05

• Kristi

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2006

Hi Josee,
    If you have a visa, you don't need to show ongoing tickets out of Vietnam!

#7 Posted: 29/1/2007 - 13:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Guesthouses or hotels near Phnom Penh Airport.........any suggestions ... By suzyq on 1 Jan 2007 1 3273 1 Jan 2007