Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Taxi Horror in Hanoi Airport

• travworld

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2007
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 2

Curious are they still having issues with Taxi's from airport taking you to wrong hotel, or charging you more as the meter jumps, Or do they now have a set price to take you to different zones, and just pay at the Airport. I always use the Hotel option but wonder if they charge too much cause they hire independent taxi or limo people ..

#1 Posted: 1/4/2011 - 21:38

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Taxis from the airport taxi ranks are a fixed price to anywhere in Hanoi. It has recently increased to 315,000VND for a standard taxi, 345,000 for an 8 seater. This price is clearly stated on the taxi boards. The taxis from these ranks SHOULD be honest enough and not take you to the wrong hotel - though I guess there's never a guarantee of that.

#2 Posted: 2/4/2011 - 15:37

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I've had too many problems with cabs at HAN - best to have your hotel meet the flight

#3 Posted: 3/4/2011 - 10:35

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

hi on my first flight into Hanoi I got the hotel to pick me up. But after a month there then flying in from Danang I just said to the taxi touts this is were i'm going and this is what i,ll pay had no problems with that.

#4 Posted: 3/4/2011 - 10:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
hanoi taxi - bus from airport update ... By sems on 27 Sep 2010 3 2629 27 Sep 2010
Taxi Costs - Hanoi Airport ... By basejump on 24 Jan 2009 31 29607 6 Aug 2013