Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Typhoid

• RoxannLMT

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2011

Leaving for Vietnam in a little over 2 weeks from the States. The CDC is currently recommending typhoid vaccination before going. When my kids went over winter of '09 I don't remember this. Any experiences to share? Do you think we really need to do this?

#1 Posted: 13/4/2011 - 07:15

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I think it depends on exactly where you're going. If it's just to the many touristed areas (Sapa, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Dalat + the big cities) I would not worry. I've been to VN 4 times with just a Hep A series. This is quite a safe country (except for highway travel).

#2 Posted: 13/4/2011 - 11:44

• sk3

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2011

Would the same apply if one were to spend a few days in the Mekong Delta?

#3 Posted: 25/4/2011 - 11:19

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I don't take med for malaria or hep. but I sure as hell get a jab for Diptheria,Tetanus,polio (one shot) and typhoid because these diseases are prevalent all over Asia.The typhoid shot is pretty cheap in UK. What kind of price would you have to pay in U.S
    If it's expensive you could get it cheaply in Vietnam.

#4 Posted: 25/4/2011 - 15:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.