Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Outbound Air Ticket Required?

• hsoa

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2010

I plan to use one of the online services for processing a visa.
    Are visitors required to show an outward air ticket at the airport on arrival?
    Is it acceptable to be leaving by bus?
    TIA

#1 Posted: 18/4/2011 - 17:35

• Advertisement

• vietnamrum

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

I have been traveling around S.E Asia for 3 years and never been asked for an onward ticket.

Have heard some time in Thailand requesting it. People just buy a ticket and then refund it loosing a little bit.

When in Asia flight to other Asian countries is very cheap. So don't worry about it.

If you get asked just state you are off to cambodia/ laos / thailand traveling overland.

enjoy

#2 Posted: 19/4/2011 - 22:41

• stevejames00

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

I've never been asked to produce onward tickets either i don't think you will need to worry about this

#3 Posted: 19/4/2011 - 22:49

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've been coming since 2007 (10 entries) and have never been asked about onward travel plans at all. Many people exit by bus, boat etc, frequently booked here the day before travel.

#4 Posted: 2/5/2011 - 21:09

• luce_uk

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2009

Hello, sorry to piss on your parade but i am probably the one person who HAS been asked to provide evidence of onward travel from Vietnam, however this was at the Jetstar check in desk in Melbourne. I've also been all over asia with no problems, leave for 2 months to australia, try to return to vietnam and POW! Very inconvenient it was, they expected me to book onward travel, run over to the hilton and get in printed off, run back over to the airport and complete check in within the space of 1/2 hour, pretty stressful! Made it though with minutes to spare. They did say bus/train bookings are fine, but i couldnt easily find any website to book train or bus travel so i had to book a flight. Good luck with your trip though im sure you'll be fine i think it was just jetstar being pedantic but they were doing it to everyone. One guy i spoke to had cunningly got the travel agent he booked his inbound flight with to write up a mock letter to say he had an outbound booking with them, that also worked, apparently they even suggested it. Have fun

#5 Posted: 16/5/2011 - 02:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Proof of outbound ticket for entry ... By JustinC474 on 28 Aug 2012 8 1949 31 Aug 2012
How do I travel without set plans? More specifically, what do I do about Visas, outbound ticket reqs ... By gottagetaway on 9 Mar 2011 2 2728 10 Mar 2011
Getting Burma visa in KL - return ticket required? And other qns! ... By busylizzy on 12 Oct 2013 4 728 15 Oct 2013
Siem Reap - Bangkok..Onward ticket required?!! ... By jbolger on 26 Mar 2007 3 2729 27 Jun 2011