Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Flying from Hue to Hanoi?

• sk3

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2011

I'll be traveling from south to north later this month, eventually going from Hoi An by bus/train to Hue . My next stop will be Hanoi, and my inclination would be to fly from Hue to Hanoi (booking once I arrive in Vietnam). However, while Vietnam Airlines lists this route, there doesn't appear to be availability for any day. Does anyone know if this route still exists or have other information to provide?

I would consider the train, but it's 12-14 hours and the times seem to all be pretty inconvenient - either killing an entire day or the only half-decent overnight train option leaving at 7:42 pm and not arriving until around noon the following day.

Any information/suggestions welcome!

Stephen

#1 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 05:09

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have a feeling that Hue airport is closed for a month or so for refurbishment. This may be the reason.

#2 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 08:56

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yeah, i just did a quick search and various dates are mentioned for the closure but all starting early to mid-May for a month.

#3 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 08:58

• sk3

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2011

Thanks very much for the info, travellingsarah. For others interested, I did a little follow-up myself and it appears that the airport will reopen on June 6.

#4 Posted: 6/5/2011 - 10:11

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Just use the Danang Airport

#5 Posted: 7/5/2011 - 00:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.