Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Buying rack clothing

• Cerritos

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2011

Been looking at my wardrobe, such as it is. Since Vietnam makes shorts, cargo pants, T and polo shirts and I need some new ones - can I easily buy them cheaper in Vietnam than in the states. What cities have the preferred markets. Do they have size and color selections. I'm assuming all prices are negotiable. Any cautionary info. Thanks

#1 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 23:57

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

It certainly helps if you have the small size Asian body, otherwise you're very limited where you can buy. In Hoi An especially, you can have anything custom made in a matter of hours. No, all prices are not negotiable!

Just because Nike's are made in VN, don't expect to be able to find the very same products very easily that are sold in S. California.

You will see brand name stores in the large cities - I passed a Puma store in Hanoi a few months ago, but did not go in.

#2 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 01:26

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Generally speaking clothing is cheaper here than in the States or Europe, but the quality back in those places is better. That's not hard and fast, but a pretty good rule of thumb.

#3 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 01:31

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

The funny thing, Mac, is that all that 'quality' clothing in the US and Europe was probably made in SEA in the first place!

#4 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 03:53

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It is funny. You can buy that same quality clothing here too, but the price is high. You get what you pay for you. I bought a nice pair of pants here, very stylish and comfortable, good material - I bargained down to 1,500 baht.

#5 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 11:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.