Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Upcoming trip to Vietnam

• thepuzzlema-
    ster

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2011

My wife and I are headed to Vietnam tomorrow! We arrive onSunday. We will be spending the day in Hanoi . Then on Monday morning we will be heading out to Halong Bay for a 2 or 3 day junk trip. I’m planningon visiting some travel agencies on Sunday when we are exploring Hanoi andbooking then. Thinking of probably booking on the Pinta Gold through ColumbusCruises, but that’s not set in stone. After we get back, we plan on taking the nighttrain out to sapa and spending 3 or so days on a trek/homestay. No reservationsyet there either. Again, kind of planning to wing it. We’ll buy our trainticket the first day when we are in Hanoi after we figure out what junk trip wewill be taking. After that, we’ll take the night train back to Hanoi and catch a flight down to HCMC.

We’ll spend a day or two down there before heading toSiem Reap for a few days to visit Angkor Wat. Then back to HCMC before we flyback home on the 4th. Anyone else planning on being in the sameplace at the same time care to join in on anything? My wife and I areadventurous upper 20’s who are interested in exploring and a little relaxation.Not too crazy and pretty mellow and easy-going. Oh, and we are most excitedabout eating tasty food! Regardless, we are stoked and can’t wait!

-iLan

#1 Posted: 20/5/2011 - 00:14

• Advertisement

• alex0pr

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

as far as I know Printa gold isn't operated at the moment,maybe you can check when you are in Hanoi, There are plenty of boats you can choose

#2 Posted: 21/5/2011 - 09:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Planning my upcoming Trip to Vietnam ... By Jnmaxine on 27 Apr 2011 16 4004 16 May 2011
Advice please! An upcoming 42 day trip, Bali, N. Vietnam, Laos, Thailand. ... By W_Sobchak on 23 Sep 2010 1 2674 24 Sep 2010
Upcoming trip - Bangkok & North questions ... By roverinexile on 28 Oct 2006 4 1531 30 Oct 2006