Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Extremely short trip in HCMC, advice!

• kateemily

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011

hey all
    I am travelling to HCMC for a work trip (no work involved except for the plane ride over!) and I am looking for some advice as to what to do. I think I will arrive there either late on a saturday night, or early on a sunday morning. On these types of trips we only get about 2 nights in the country, so about one full day! I was hoping to check out the war remnants museum and do some shopping, but I'm hearing mixed reviews about the Ben Thanh markets?
    any advice is welcome : )
    thanks
    ~kate

#1 Posted: 1/6/2011 - 10:14

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You're best way to go would be to book one of the 100% free Saigonhotpot student tours - they do this for English practice. Just google for their website and send them an email - you do need a few weeks lead time.

#2 Posted: 1/6/2011 - 23:50

• gatvietnam

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2011
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

1 day for Ho Chi Minh city tour and the other for Cu Chi

#3 Posted: 15/6/2011 - 19:54

• jultrip

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011
    Total reviews: 2

I agree with gatvietnam, I would go for Cu Hi or Mekong for a day! but maybe you prefer to do the city tour,will check that web of the students seeking Eng practice, always a fantastic experience to mingle with the locals.

#4 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 00:42

• kateemily

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011

I've just received my itinerary and we arrive in HCMC on Friday the 24th June at 4pm, and we leave 9pm Saturday 25th June... Definitely not as much time as I'd like. I'll have to consult my travelling partners as to where they want to go, but thank you for all the suggestions!

#5 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 07:10

• evivatour

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2011

See the best of Ho Chi Minh City on this private full-day tour. In the morning, visit the historic Reunification Palace and War Remnants Museum, followed by the architectural treats of French colonial Notre Dame Cathedral and the Post Office. Enjoy the culinary delights of renowned Pho 2000, before visiting Giac Lam Pagoda, the bustling Chinese district of Cholon and Ben Thanh market. That's a city tour.

You also can go to Cu Chi tunnel and Cao Dai temple or full day on boat to Mekong delta

#6 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 11:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Short Mekong DIY Tour HCMC to Rach Gia for Phu Quoc Ferry advice please ... By paulascott on 8 Nov 2011 20 6200 18 Nov 2011
Advice on SHORT trip to Vietnam... ... By knauermd on 13 Nov 2009 3 3434 20 Nov 2009
short beach holiday from hcmc? ... By flan on 8 Nov 2011 1 1768 8 Nov 2011