Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

14 days Itinerary to Vietnam assistance

• anna2922

Joined Travelfish
    29th May, 2011

Hi all,

We are a couple intending to visit Vietnam for 2 weeks during end of August to September 2011
    I though about the following track, I would like to receive any feedbacks/suggestions any usefull information

21/08 - Landing in Hanoi - overnight at Hanoi ( m/p Hanoi elite hotel)
    22/08 - Trip to Halong bay m/p with Dragon's pearl ( if they actually response my email)
    23/08 - Halong bay
    24/08 -Halong bay --> back to Hanoi here I have a question ??? Overnight at Hanoi or take the night train to SAPA ?
    25/08 - (If choose opt 1) Walk tour through Hanoi, evening take train to SAPA
    26/08 - SAPA
    27/08 - SAPA
    28/08 - Bac Ha(Sunday) , evening train back to Hanoi
    29/08 - Morning Flight to Da Nhag --> Hoian, overnight Hoian ( hotel suggestions ?)
    30/08 - Ho ian resting + cooking course or something or bycle touring (depends on weather)
    31/08 - Flight to HCMC - overnight + arranging tour to Mekong Delta
    01/09-03/09 - Mekong delta tour ( I got an offer from Sihn tourist - Is it recommended, we don;t want something overtouristed )
    04/09 - flight back to BKK

I will appreciate any useful information about this trip , I'm not sure how to arrange it due to weather changes through Vietnam

I also not sure about Hoian , maybe go to Dalat instead or stay in Hanoi and take some daily tours in Hanoi surroundings ( Tam Coc or Perfume pagoda)

I will appreciate any assistance

#1 Posted: 5/6/2011 - 01:30

• Advertisement

• gatvietnam

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2011
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

24/08 -Halong bay --> back to Hanoi here I have a question ??? Overnight at Hanoi or take the night train to SAPA ?
    It is up to your health. If you are tired, you should stay overnight in Hanoi.

However, I recommend you to go to Sapa before going to HaLong Bay. This is because going to Sapa costs you more effort, after being tired from Sapa (eg.tired of going by train), go back to Hanoi and then drive to Halong for relax

#2 Posted: 6/6/2011 - 22:14

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I kind of agree. Sapa first. Just chill in Hoi an and relax. There is a beach nearby. If you don't want that then go to Dalat.

#3 Posted: 11/6/2011 - 15:33

• janice107

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2011

After found some information, i found one tour http://travel.yahoo.com/trip-journal-2382413-13_days_local_experience_of_vietnam, i thought is one option for you. You can take a look with the itinerary:
    Day 1: Arrival Ho Chi Minh City - Afternoon City Tour
    Day 2: Optional Trips: Morning Saigon City Tour / Afternoon Option Cu Chi Tunnels
    Day 3: Optional Trips: Day Trip to Mekong Delta / Can Gio Mangrove Forest / “Helping Hands” Tour - Overnight Bus To Nha Trang
    Day 4: Arrival Nha Trang - Optional Trips: Boat Trip / Guided Biking Trip / Hot Spring Mud Bath
    Day 5: Free Day In Nha Trang - Overnight Train To Da Nang
    Day 6: Arrival Danang. Bus To Hoi An Via Marble Mountain
    Day 7: Free Discovery In Hoi An Ancient Town - Optional Cooking Class
    Day 8: Public Bus to Hue - Hue Homestay
    Day 9: In Hue - Optional Trips: Thien Mu Pagoda & Old Citadel / Kayaking On Perfume River. Overnight Train To Hanoi
    Day 10: Arrive Hanoi - Drive To Halong Bay
    Day 11: Return to Hanoi - Free Time Or Orientation Walk In Old Quarter
    Day 12: In Hanoi - Free And Easy
    Day 13: Tour Ends Hanoi

hope it helpful.

#4 Posted: 20/8/2011 - 11:02

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Agree that Sapa first would be better way round but this won't work if you want to go to Bac Ha. For me, whether you spend a night in Hanoi or not after Halong (maybe not relevant if you change your schedule) it's not about whether to rest, it's about seeing Hanoi. At the moment you hardly have any time in Hanoi itself, which is a shame.

Regarding Hoi An - I love it there but you've only got one full day, which doesn't really give you much time to relax. I'd be tempted to take a day out of Sapa and move it to Hoi An. I would go Hoi An rather than Dalat as it adds more variety to your schedule.

#5 Posted: 20/8/2011 - 15:50

• hanoirailto-
    urs

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I thing you can spend night on train. Train now comfortable and easier to travel than old day. Almost of train depart in the everning ( from 7 PM to 10 PM) so you not need to spend 01 more day at Hanoi.

Train ticket office in Hanoi: guarantee with origin ticket fare. Call: 04.35186782 or email: haratour@fpt.vn

#6 Posted: 6/12/2011 - 03:20

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I think in a two week period (and assuming Vietnam is your only stop in Asia on this particular trip) you might be better served by just sticking to the North of the country and leaving those places from Hoi An and south for another trip.

IMO you would have no trouble passing 5 or 6 days in Hanoi between the amazing street food, cheap beer and lovely backstreet atmosphere. There are also plenty of museums if such takes your fancy. 3-4 days each in Sapa and HB and Bob's Your Uncle.

May not tick as many boxes but it will give you a nice relaxed feel for an important section of this vast and varied country.

#7 Posted: 6/12/2011 - 08:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itinerary assistance/ diving assistance needed. ... By Dancharles100 on 25 Jan 2010 0 1521 25 Jan 2010
Itinerary Assistance/Recs ... By a114 on 18 Feb 2009 7 2064 25 Feb 2009