Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi Airport

• anthonychu

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

Hello. I will reach Hanoi at 14:00 Jun 16. And I plan to transfer VN845 to Siem Reap. I have to buy the ticket afther reaching Hanoi. Is it possible for me to buy the ticket and transfer within 3 hours in the international zone of the airport? Thanks a lot. It's very urgent.

#1 Posted: 13/6/2011 - 16:22

• Advertisement

• flupe

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2007

Hello Anthony,
    Well, the airport of Hanoi is little bit chaotic, but at the groundfloor there is an open counter of Vietnam airlines where they are selling tickets. You should have time to buy one there, but if you can do it, it would be bether to by your ticket online bevor your travel at http://www.vietnamairlines.com/

#2 Posted: 13/6/2011 - 19:54

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

If you're arriving from overseas, you will need a VN visa to reach the front of this airport. A VOA can be arranged within 2 days, and online from any VN travel agent. I too recommend purchasing this ticket at the website listed above.

#3 Posted: 14/6/2011 - 01:07

• anthonychu

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

flupe and daawgon, thanks a lot. My visa card can't be used in VN airlines website. It's why I have to buy the ticket in the airport. I have a VN visa. But if I can buy the ticket in the international zone, it can save a lot of time.

#4 Posted: 14/6/2011 - 12:04

• flupe

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2007

Well, i don't think you can buy a ticket in the transit zone, because to be considered to be in transit, you need to have a connecting flight ticket i guess. Why don't you try to by your ticket with the help of a travel agency? They will charge you little bit, but than you will be sure you can get your flight.

#5 Posted: 14/6/2011 - 12:29

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

The only problem I see with your plan is if the flight is full! Otherwise there is no reason why you couldn't go through immigration / luggage, cross to departures (the airport is tiny), buy a ticket, check-in and board within 3 hours.

#6 Posted: 14/6/2011 - 14:02

• anthonychu

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

To flupe: Thank you. I find my visa card hasn't been verified online. I will solve that and try again to buy the ticket online.

To travellingsarah: I worry about that problem too. But my Cambodian friend told me the flight from VN couldn't be full. I wish I can be lucky enough that day if I still fail in buying the ticket on VN airlines website.

#7 Posted: 14/6/2011 - 15:31

• anthonychu

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

Thank God. I can use my card in VN airlines website after the card was verified. Thank guys above. I love you all.

#8 Posted: 14/6/2011 - 16:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.