Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Hanoi Airport

Posted by anthonychu on 13/6/2011 at 16:22

Hello. I will reach Hanoi at 14:00 Jun 16. And I plan to transfer VN845 to Siem Reap. I have to buy the ticket afther reaching Hanoi. Is it possible for me to buy the ticket and transfer within 3 hours in the international zone of the airport? Thanks a lot. It's very urgent.

#1 anthonychu has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by flupe on 13/6/2011 at 19:54

Hello Anthony,
Well, the airport of Hanoi is little bit chaotic, but at the groundfloor there is an open counter of Vietnam airlines where they are selling tickets. You should have time to buy one there, but if you can do it, it would be bether to by your ticket online bevor your travel at http://www.vietnamairlines.com/

#2 flupe has been a member since 5/6/2007. Posts: 6
 Website 

Posted by daawgon on 14/6/2011 at 01:07

If you're arriving from overseas, you will need a VN visa to reach the front of this airport. A VOA can be arranged within 2 days, and online from any VN travel agent. I too recommend purchasing this ticket at the website listed above.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,083

Posted by anthonychu on 14/6/2011 at 12:04

flupe and daawgon, thanks a lot. My visa card can't be used in VN airlines website. It's why I have to buy the ticket in the airport. I have a VN visa. But if I can buy the ticket in the international zone, it can save a lot of time.

#4 anthonychu has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by flupe on 14/6/2011 at 12:29

Well, i don't think you can buy a ticket in the transit zone, because to be considered to be in transit, you need to have a connecting flight ticket i guess. Why don't you try to by your ticket with the help of a travel agency? They will charge you little bit, but than you will be sure you can get your flight.

#5 flupe has been a member since 5/6/2007. Posts: 6
 Website 

Posted by travellingsarah on 14/6/2011 at 14:02 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

The only problem I see with your plan is if the flight is full! Otherwise there is no reason why you couldn't go through immigration / luggage, cross to departures (the airport is tiny), buy a ticket, check-in and board within 3 hours.

#6 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by anthonychu on 14/6/2011 at 15:31

To flupe: Thank you. I find my visa card hasn't been verified online. I will solve that and try again to buy the ticket online.

To travellingsarah: I worry about that problem too. But my Cambodian friend told me the flight from VN couldn't be full. I wish I can be lucky enough that day if I still fail in buying the ticket on VN airlines website.

#7 anthonychu has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by anthonychu on 14/6/2011 at 16:12

Thank God. I can use my card in VN airlines website after the card was verified. Thank guys above. I love you all.

#8 anthonychu has been a member since 13/6/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.