Vietnam forum

Tips on travelling in Vietnam

• jultrip

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi!

If you need any tips on travelling around Vietnam, let me know. Working over here and travelling around Asia.

#1 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 12:05

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Rather than spamming every thread on here, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and your experiences. Then you people might be more inclined to trust that you are not just another spammer touting for business.

#2 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 13:38

• jultrip

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

Sorry! too long to be included in a post!! Working on a blog at the moment and left some reviews. If you don´t need any help, fair enough. There are lots of other wonderful people who would like to share experiences in this and other websites and they are really helpful . Thanks to them we know how to cope better with countries like this.

#3 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 15:01

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I, along with many other here, would certainly welcome any insights that you can provide. But as someone new to the forum, posting from Vietnam in rapid succession naturally invites suspicion. I was just suggesting that you offer something of your experiences to help allay that suspicion. It's just a pattern that we often see on this forum.

No worries either way!

#4 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 15:31

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Fair enough but you are aware that posts from within Vietnam are regarded as suspicious by this website. And with good reason I can add.

Why don't you tell us what sort of work you do in Vietnam, where you're based and where you've traveled? It will only make your help more credible.

#5 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 15:32

• jultrip

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

Thank you guys!! I know that I seem suspicious, I was amazed when I was catalogued -from vietnam!! spam!!it´s like if we are living here we cannot even dare to write on this forum. Well , I just dared to do so...and offer help. I´m working on a short report on my experience in this country and will post it soon. I lived many years in the UK and have travelled a lot around the world but I believe this is the toughest and most chaotic place I´ve been, but the friendliest of people here compensate all the tough moments plus the history and lots of cultural offer. At the moment just trying to cope with the weather, really hot and humid, taking several showers a day and runnig quickly to places with aircon. Anyhow, will let you know abou a few adventures, give me time to write them down. :D

#6 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 19:47

• Randy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

Tips about confrontation for male tourists in their traveling in Vietnam. After mutiple times traveling in Vietnam, through personal experiences I suggest tourists to stay away from confrontation with locals, in particularly males. Do not forget that vn had been through wars and a lot of them died. They are also very proud about their history in term of nationalism. Here is one short of my experience...During one of my Hotel stay in District 5, HCMC where there were some Korean/Chinese/Western tourists . The next day, there was a Vietnamese guy showing up, fluently in English to my surprise. This guy led a bunch of local men, could be local gangsters, knocked on Korean tourists rooms, questioned them and following a brawl that bad enough in my thoughts. They did the damages before police came and...nothing happened, all the staffs of that hotel did...nothing. Finally through talking with staffs there I found out some of Korean tourists did harrass their female staffs and got attention of another tourist, an over-sea Vietnamese guy. That English fluent Vietnamese decided to contact local trouble makers and finally the attack happened. Make sure stay away from confrontation with locals when thing is bad enough before 20 of them gang up on you. You can't tell whether a Vietnamese guy or girl is a local or over-sea by their look until you talk to them. Just a share. Have a safe and sound trip. Vietnam is cheap and friendly in term of traveling, generally.

#7 Posted: 19/9/2011 - 00:26

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Avoiding confrontation is always good. Not only in Vietnam and I don't think that it matters much whether you're dealing with Viet Kieus or normal Vietnamese. In plenty of other countries they would do exactly the same and I'm not even against it if the guy has done something which wasn't tolerable.
    I appreciate your thoughts and advice but I'm almost certain that the Korean guy was asking for it. Perhaps he approached/grabbed the Viet Kieu's wife. It would be a first if some vietnamese guys just start beating up tourists for fun.

Just be sensible and treat people with respect when travelling. That should be enough advice.

#8 Posted: 19/9/2011 - 09:47

• summerstarl-
    ite

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2011

I am planning a trip with my boyfriend in December and would love to get suggestions for to make the itinerary. I just created a post in this forum and if you have any advice then please leave me a comment on that post. That will be awesome! Thanks!!

#9 Posted: 8/10/2011 - 14:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tips on travelling in Vietnam ... By jultrip on 20 Jun 2011 0 2462 20 Jun 2011