Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

motorbiking Vietnam: June/July

Posted by vanbors on 28/6/2011 at 13:51

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey guys,

I'm a 25yo guy from the US, currently (as of June 28) in Saigon with my motorbike. I want to bike up to the North starting in a couple days or in July and was wondering if there's anyone else out there doing the same - I'd love to have some company! Definitely want to experience as much of the country as possible - the mountains, beaches, nightlife, etc. Feel free to get in touch, or if you're simply in Saigon now let's meet for a couple drinks!

Mike

#1 vanbors has been a member since 3/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by Stormdot5 on 3/7/2011 at 07:19

Hi Mike. My friend and I are getting some motorbikes and riding up to hanoi over the month of july. We are getting in to ho chi minh city today (3 rd july). Depending on if you're still there and your time frame for travelling we could meet up and see if we get along. If you're already travelling, see you on the road!

#2 Stormdot5 has been a member since 3/7/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by vanbors on 3/7/2011 at 11:20

@stormdot: I'll be back in Saigon tomorrow so yeah, let's definitely meet up for a couple drinks. Add me on Facebook, easier to communicate that way: wmb05c@fsu.edu.

#3 vanbors has been a member since 3/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by morganbraze on 3/7/2011 at 16:58

Guys, I just got into Saigon today and have the same plan. Trying to figure out where a good place is to buy a bike in town. Any suggestions? I'm taking the same journey up to Hanoi by motorbike all month. I'm looking to leave Saigon Tuesday (7/5/2011) morning roughl . Please respond here or facebook morganbraze@hotmail.com. I'm currentlly staying in Nhung guesthouse in Pham Ngu Lao.

#4 morganbraze has been a member since 3/7/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by vanbors on 4/7/2011 at 13:04

@stormdot: I'll now be in Saigon tomorrow (July 5). Will you still be around then?

#5 vanbors has been a member since 3/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by burnthisnow on 8/7/2011 at 10:02

Our company Vietnam Vespa Adventures rides in groups of 4-10 several times each month to Nha Trang via Mui Ne & Dalat. Even though we're a private tour company, we're happy to have anyone with a motorbike who's going in that direction ride along with us for some or all of the way. Riding with a group is always better than riding alone. Contact Josh or Patrick to ask our our departure schedule. Cheers.

#6 burnthisnow has been a member since 24/5/2008. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.