Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Questions about trekking Sapa (hotel and backpack)

• amarie

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2011

Hello,

I'm going to be trekking in Sapa in Mid-July and am wondering if I need to book a hotel in advance. If so, are there any suggestions? I've heard good things about the Cat Cat Hotel and am wondering if anyone can verify this choice. Also, if I plan on staying for three or so days, should I get a hotel for one night and then head off on a trek? Is an overnight stay in a village worthwhile or necessary? Should I just use my small day pack for an overnight stay in a village? It seems like carrying one's whole backpack would be difficult considering the terrain. If I were to leave my backpack behind, is there a good place to store it that one can recommend?

I know this seems like a lot of questions but I have never done something like this before. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 2/7/2011 - 23:57

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi stayed at the Cat Cat View hotel June 10, for 4 nights.Not to be confused with Cat Cat Hotel. Really enjoyed our stay. No need to pay extra for top floor middle level has the same excellent views. Very good food there from the Black Hmong chefs. Organized our 2 daily treks throught the hotel. Paid a little more for a guide and just the two of us rather than a larger group. If you want to do a homestay just leave your main pack at the hotel, no charge.Personally wasn't all that sold on the Homestays as it seemed a bit contrived but maybe that's just me.Definitely see Sapa as the views are stunning great food to be had on the main street and would definitely go back.
    Hope that helps
    swag

#2 Posted: 3/7/2011 - 07:37

• nguyentmdt

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

i'm going to Sapa in july or august 2011- the second time i go. tell me how much budget would you spent, how many people... and I'll give u some info about hotels, places... If you're a girl and travel alone, you shouldn't stay in village, it's quite dangerous ^^. you can contact me via email: nguyentmdt@gmail.com

#3 Posted: 11/7/2011 - 16:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.