Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

2 weeks in Vietnam!! advice needed

• DeviouslySw-
    eet

Joined Travelfish
    2nd July, 2011

Hi,
    I'm going travelling alone to Vietnam in Sep(or the beginning of Oct), and I'm only going to be able to spend 2 weeks there. I'm thinking of flying into Hanoi(2nights) and then travelling Sapa(1) -> Hue(1) -> Hoi An(1) -> Da Lat(2) -> Nha Trang(3) and Ho Chi Minh(2).
    How does this plan sound to you? I’m not sure if it’s better to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi.

+ Any recommendations for a day trip in Ho Chi Minh and Nha Trang?

I know it’s a little early to plan for Sep, but it makes me feel like i’m already there!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks xx

#1 Posted: 3/7/2011 - 20:00

• Advertisement

• domb

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2011

I would spend more time in Hoi An, its really gorgeous there and if you want to get clothes tailored you should spend atleast 2 days there...

#2 Posted: 4/7/2011 - 13:42

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    It's a lot of travel time if you are traveling by road. Sapa is a long way from Hanoi , normally an overnight train, so if you intend to spend only 1 night there, you will not see much.

I would think about cutting out some locations and flying where possible; as a suggestion; fly into Hanoi then straght out to Sapa for 3 nights (we got a 3 night package including travel, treks, food & accommodation for 80 US$) back to Hanoi & 2 nights in Halong bay. You could then fly to Hoi An for a few days & then fly to HCMC. If you need a few days on the beach then Mui Ne is fairly near HCMC.

It doesn't really matter if you do Hanoi to HCMC or HCMC to Hanoi.However, one advantage of ending in HCMC is there is land route out to Cambodia if that is of any consideration.
    Have a good time,
    Mike

#3 Posted: 6/7/2011 - 19:49

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

See, I would do both Hue and Hoi An. You will probably like one much more than the other. (I likes Hue, don't like the shopping mall that is Hoi An). Make that your base for central VN. Unless you really feel the need to buy clothes, don't do it in Hoi An. Good tailors are far outnumbered by crappy ones.

Fly from either of those places to HCMC. Skip Nha Trang.

'sheeed

#4 Posted: 7/7/2011 - 16:27

• Queenienguy-
    en

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi ,
    As I know if you have 2 weeks you can go to Hanoi , Sapa , Hue , Hoi An, Dalat , Nha TRang and Ho Chi Minh City . Please see the draft itinerary which I give you as below:
    Day 1: Arrival to Ho Chi Minh City
    Day 2: Ho Chi Minh- Mekong delta one day
    Day 3: Ho Chi Minh - Cu Chi tunnels & city tour - Flight to Nha Trang
    Day 4: Nha Trang
    Day 5: Nha Trang - Danang - Hoi an ( by air plane)
    Day 6: Hoi an fishing tour
    Day 7: Hoi an - Hue
    Day 8: City Hue
    Day 9: Hue- Hanoi
    Day 10: Hanoi city tour - overnight to Sapa
    Day 11: Sapa
    Day 12: Sapa - Hanoi
    Day 13: Hanoi- flight back home
    For the hotel accommodation in Ho Chi Minh you can stay at Elios hotel and in Nha Trang you can stay at Asia Paradise. This is the normal budget that you can stay.
    You can book your package tour via the travel agent. That is good for you. They can arrange everything for you. Here some of the travel agent you can reach it via their website: www.vietnamjeeptours.com or www.vietnamtraveldepot.com .

I hope all this information is clear for you.

Hope you have a great time in Vietnam
    Queenie

#5 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 15:43

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Damn. Lots of travelling. Only 4 days where you don't see a bus or train. Insane.

#6 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 16:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 weeks itinerary in Vietnam - advice needed ... By blimunda on 17 Nov 2011 9 3790 16 Dec 2011
Budget advice needed! 4 weeks yunnan, vietnam and thailand ... By s0908946 on 14 Mar 2011 0 4499 14 Mar 2011
7 weeks Indonesian rough itenary. Advice needed thanks! ... By CoolOperator on 19 Jul 2014 2 918 19 Jul 2014
Couple travelling Indonesia for x2 weeks advice needed ... By slow_mo on 16 Jan 2013 7 2139 29 Jan 2013
Vietnam queries - advice needed ... By eagerbeaver on 21 May 2007 1 1872 21 May 2007
Advice needed!! travel from southern laos to hue, vietnam ... By elena123 on 29 May 2007 2 3737 30 May 2007