Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

travelling to Vietnam for the second time

• domb

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2011

Hi,
    I'm planning on travelling to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam soon,
    it will be my second time in Vietnam, during my time there, i visited Ho Chi Minh, did a family stay on the Meekong Delta, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, Hue, Sapa, Nha Trang and Hoi An (i'm pretty sure thats all the places from what i remember) There are a few places i wouldn't mind returning to (Hoi An, Meekong Delta) however i was just wondering if i could get any advice on places i missed the first time that are worth travelling to, or have I covered all the top places?

#1 Posted: 4/7/2011 - 11:16

• Advertisement

• JasonB

Click here to learn more about JasonB
    Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011
    Location Vietnam

I can help you around the Mekong Delta. Where would you stay or go in the Mekong Delta? If you wanna meet up or anything I could help then drop me a message because I don't get on here very often.
    Cheers.

#2 Posted: 4/7/2011 - 14:37

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

They're the main touristy places of course, but there are plenty of other places (in varying degrees of touristy-ness) across the country which are worth a visit. For example, some of the tourist hotspots you've missed are Mai Chau, Tam Coc, Dalat, Mui Ne and Phu Quoc and then if you're feeling adventurous you could explore the North East or North West of the country more, or extend a trip from Dalat out towards Buon Ma Thout. I've not been to all these places so I can't make a recommendation but personally, I'd try to get off the beaten track a bit and explore some of the highlands. Have a browse through the listings on this site - it covers plenty of places you haven't been to.

#3 Posted: 5/7/2011 - 15:07

• domb

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2011

oh okay, cheers thats great. Yeah i wanted to go to less touristy places, 'get off the beaten track' etc. so that is good info :)

#4 Posted: 5/7/2011 - 16:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.