Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Christmas, phu quoc or sihanoukville?!?

• Dancharles1-

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2010

I was just wondering what every1's suggestions would be for spending Christmas in Asia. I've narrowed it down to 2 places. Sihanoukville or phu quoc island. I want good places to eat and nightlife. But the beaches to be relatively quiet during the day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Dan. X

#1 Posted: 6/7/2011 - 19:49

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Both places are not perfect and it depends mainly on whether you're travelling alone or with your partner.

Phu Quoc has the better (quieter) beaches and better food but the nightlife is not much. Suitable for couples but not really for singles who like to party.

Sihanoukville is catering more for the (single) backpacker crowd. The nightlife is better and cheaper. Food and beaches (Otres) are decent but not spectacular. Beaches on islands are beautiful but lack good food and nightlife which is non-existent on the islands.

The choice is yours

#2 Posted: 6/7/2011 - 20:34

• Dancharles1-

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2010

I'll be traveling with my girl friend, so phu quoc sounds like the better option. Thanks for the quick reply!

#3 Posted: 6/7/2011 - 21:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Puh Quoc during Christmas? is it realistic? ... By epkhelt on 11 Nov 2006 9 3148 12 Nov 2006