Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Finding NGO work in Vietnam

• hfergu

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Canada

Hello there,

I'm looking for advice on how to find employment in Vietnam.

More specifically, I'm a Canadian looking into the possibility of working for a local Vietnamese NGO or a development agency for a year or two in order to gain more practical experience in my field and to work on a community level.

To give a bit of background on my situation: I currently hold a BA in International Development, an MA in Human Geography and an MA in Public Policy and Administration. By the time I'm ready to job searches I'll have some policy-related work under my belt, as well as some experience working for Canadian based NGOs. I've also had travel experience in SE Asia, as well as experience with fieldwork in East Africa. My partner, a photographer without a university degree, would also consider teaching English or doing something related to his profession, if opportunities are available for him. I'm not sure if any teaching options are open to those without a university degree, but he does have a college degree and quite a bit of work experience in the field of photography.

Timeline: I'm hoping to do this in about a year or two and am looking for advice on how to prepare. Does anyone have any experience or luck finding this kind of employment in Vietnam? Work search tips?

Thanks! I look forward to hearing back :) This forum has always been extremely helpful in the past!

#1 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 07:39

• Advertisement

• guitar4free-
    dom

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi hfergu, i'm duy anh from Ho Chi Minh city Viet Nam. I have friend who have BA in Public Development and she also worked for many international as well as government NGOs in Viet Nam before. i'm sure she can help you much to provide information. Her email : haithanh162@gmail.com
    For your friend, the photographer. access the website: http://www.vus-etsc.edu.vn/ or www.duongminh.edu.vn , i think they will wellcome your friend to teach english. He might also googling for vietnam photograph forum, write help on there and they will help him.

You guys might also access the recruitment website: www.vietnamworks.com where you can look for a lot of suitable jobs .

Have luck ^^
    p/s: feel free to email me : pham_duy_anh@yahoo.com.vn if you need more help.

#2 Posted: 10/7/2011 - 23:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.