Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Travel and Tours of Vietnam

Posted by muffworm on 8/7/2011 at 19:27

OK so I've spent days now reading every forum and the good and bad regarding general travel and tours in Vietnam and how everyone is looking to rip you off.

What I can make out so far is.....

There are a million and one FAKE Sinh Cafes and should try to be avoided at all costs.

Kim Travel should be avoided.

Delta Adventure Tours should be avoided.

Sinhbalo was the originator and founder of the Sinh Cafe and their website is www.sinhbalo.com - these are a safe operator to use? Please give advice.

The other option is to use www.thesingtourist.vn (although their website hasnt loaded for the past few days) and they are based on 40 Luong Ngoc Quyen Street. Although there appears to be good/bad opinions on using this company also. Advice please?

Mekong Travel - www.mekongtravel.vn - does anyone have experience with this company?

Basically our requirements are as follows:

Arrive Hanoi (October 2011) and spend a couple of days there. Purchase an 'open bus' ticket (where from?).

Travel down the country over the course of 2 weeks until we reach HCMC and spend a couple of days there.

Ideally take a boat on the Mekong from HCMC to PP Cambodia (advice and best option please) taking in Can Dou, Chau Doc, Ben Tre and any other recommended places.

Spend 2 full days in PP.

Travel onto Siem Reap either via boat or bus or private car - whichever is the nicest way to go - again, advice please?

Any help provided will be gratefully received. Plus any hotel recommendations in each destination will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance......

#1 muffworm has been a member since 8/7/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by lagale on 9/7/2011 at 22:30

I have a question. A friend who travels often to Vietnam, suggested going from Hanoi to Danang/Hoi An first, then driving to Hue where we fly to HCM. All agencies and guidebooks suggest going first from Hanoi-Hue, then driving to Danang/Hoi An where fly to HCM. I am confused. The flight times are all about the same (hanoi to hue/danang, and hue/danang to HCM).
Does anyone have any particular reason that one should fly first Hanoi-Hue, or is it pretty much of the same?

#2 lagale has been a member since 9/7/2011. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.