Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Travel and Tours of Vietnam

• muffworm

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2011

OK so I've spent days now reading every forum and the good and bad regarding general travel and tours in Vietnam and how everyone is looking to rip you off.

What I can make out so far is.....

There are a million and one FAKE Sinh Cafes and should try to be avoided at all costs.

Kim Travel should be avoided.

Delta Adventure Tours should be avoided.

Sinhbalo was the originator and founder of the Sinh Cafe and their website is www.sinhbalo.com - these are a safe operator to use? Please give advice.

The other option is to use www.thesingtourist.vn (although their website hasnt loaded for the past few days) and they are based on 40 Luong Ngoc Quyen Street. Although there appears to be good/bad opinions on using this company also. Advice please?

Mekong Travel - www.mekongtravel.vn - does anyone have experience with this company?

Basically our requirements are as follows:

Arrive Hanoi (October 2011) and spend a couple of days there. Purchase an 'open bus' ticket (where from?).

Travel down the country over the course of 2 weeks until we reach HCMC and spend a couple of days there.

Ideally take a boat on the Mekong from HCMC to PP Cambodia (advice and best option please) taking in Can Dou, Chau Doc, Ben Tre and any other recommended places.

Spend 2 full days in PP.

Travel onto Siem Reap either via boat or bus or private car - whichever is the nicest way to go - again, advice please?

Any help provided will be gratefully received. Plus any hotel recommendations in each destination will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance......

#1 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 19:27

• Advertisement

• lagale

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2011

I have a question. A friend who travels often to Vietnam, suggested going from Hanoi to Danang/Hoi An first, then driving to Hue where we fly to HCM. All agencies and guidebooks suggest going first from Hanoi-Hue, then driving to Danang/Hoi An where fly to HCM. I am confused. The flight times are all about the same (hanoi to hue/danang, and hue/danang to HCM).
    Does anyone have any particular reason that one should fly first Hanoi-Hue, or is it pretty much of the same?

#2 Posted: 9/7/2011 - 22:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Green Trail Tours, Vietnam Travel, Vietnam Tours , Vietnam Adventure Tours ... By greentrail on 27 Feb 2007 1 2796 29 Apr 2007