Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

vietnam ????

• vin4564

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2007

i am leaving bangkok for hanoi on 19feb2007--am i going to have a problem with tet going on when exactly is it starting and ending--lots of dif dates out there im getting a brain ache---also on money conversion--i was in vn during the war and black market money changers were all over the place--is it still the same that way as far as getting the best rate---ill be spending about 5days in hanoi then down to saigon for a look then down to the mekong delta where i was stationed way back then--am excited and looking foward to this trip--im a newbee feed back would be greatly appreciated--thanks

#1 Posted: 29/1/2007 - 01:30

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi vin4564,

There's legal moneychangers all over the place and while you'll be able to find unofficial exchangers very occasionally, the difference in rates is nominal and often not even advantageous.

As far as Tet is concerned, our man on the ground in Hanoi says the festival kicks off on Feb 17 and while officially the festival goes for three days, he's not expecting things to really get back to normal till the 23rd or 24th.

#2 Posted: 29/1/2007 - 09:38

• vin4564

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2007

thanks somtam2000 for the come back--info noted

#3 Posted: 30/1/2007 - 01:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.