Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Phu Quoc quiet place to stay

• bamigoreng2-

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if somebody could tell me nice place to stay on Phu Quoc island.
    My girlfriend and I will be flying down on the 22nd of July and we'll be staying for about a week.Our plan was to go to Mui Ne but I found out that its really crowded so we decided to go to Phu Quoc instead.
    We are looking for a quiet romantic place,few or even better no people on the beach and it should be affordable aswell (not more than 15 USD a night). I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out a little.
    Thanks
    kind regards
    Chris

#1 Posted: 18/7/2011 - 14:52

• Advertisement

• JasonB

Click here to learn more about JasonB
    Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011
    Location Vietnam

You can stay at Mai Phuong resort where you can find that's priceable and quite quiet.

#2 Posted: 19/7/2011 - 07:57

• bamigoreng2-

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

how quiet and how priceable are we talking? whenever I hear the word resort I think of luxurious places with swimmingpools and packed with foreigners ;)
    Where is it?
    Thanks!
    :)

#3 Posted: 19/7/2011 - 12:48

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

If my memory is correct I stopped there for a lunch and it's in the northwest of the island and quite isolated. It's a real local place which probably sees mostly vietnamese customers but it does have a nice little quiet beach.
    I could be completely wrong however.

Bai Sao beach is one of the smaller beaches and beautiful. Not much choice in accommodation and also quite isolated. Not much chance of bar/restaurant hopping but I don't know if you want that option.

Best bet is to go to Long beach where by far the most hotels and guesthouses are located and most are within your budget. Go to the Phu Quoc section on this site and you'll find most listings in that area. Added bonus is that it's close to the main town and the nightmarket which serves great seafood. Obviously Long beach is the most crowded area but it's not as bad as you would think and you can always rent a motorbike and spend the day at one of the many deserted beaches on the island.

Other option would be the area around Mango bay resort. Mango bay itself is out of your budget but you have a few cheaper options around. Downside, for me, is that although close to town (north of main town) it's still too far to visit the nightmarket in the evening and also here you're more or less stuck in your resort/guesthouse.

#4 Posted: 19/7/2011 - 14:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Need a quiet place to stay ... By OlgaGa on 8 Sep 2008 25 6003 9 Nov 2008
How quiet is Phu Quoc? Too quiet? ... By hallf_brick on 11 May 2011 7 3878 25 May 2011
Homely stay, clean and quiet safe guesthouse. ... By ericgoh on 17 Aug 2006 2 3199 6 Dec 2006