Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Multiple Little Hanoi Hotels?

• morgiane

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip for the end of the year to Vietnam and was looking at Little Hanoi Hotel as a place to stay. However, in google searches i'm coming up with multiple Little Hanoi Hotels. Am I right in thinking there are copycats leveraging the original Little Hanoi Hotel name? I see two websites: http://littlehanoihostel.com and http://littlehanoihotel.com (And is the recommended one the one located at 48 Hang ga street?)

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 22/7/2011 - 04:42

• Advertisement

• Rubixx

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2011

They could be sister hotels, like the "Sunrise Hotel in Hanoi ". There is a sister (same owner) hotel of the same name but with a number on the end like "Sunrise Hotel in Hanoi 2".

Or they could be non-related altogether.

Yeah, copyright/patent laws are pretty much non-existent in Vietnam.

#2 Posted: 8/8/2011 - 20:42

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I think "Lucky" holds the record - one street alone has about 6 Lucky hotels!

#3 Posted: 9/8/2011 - 01:41

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Little Hanoi Hotel referenced at www.littlehanoihostel.com is the one positively reviewed on TF on Hang Ga Street. They also have a hostel by Hoan Kiem Lake.

www.littlehanoihotel.com owns 4 'hotels' located around St Joseph's Cathedral. They're pretty basic from what I recall.

#4 Posted: 9/8/2011 - 16:21

• morgiane

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

thanks so much guys!

#5 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 01:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.