Vietnam forum

Cat Ba - Where to stay

• douluvme49

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2011
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey everyone

We are heading to Cat Ba Island in a week and wondering if anyone knows good accomodation. We would like to spend $15 max. We like air con (who doesn't haha)

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 7/8/2011 - 20:28

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Just avoid Cat Ba Town - a real dump, but it is cheap!

#2 Posted: 9/8/2011 - 01:39

• stcyr

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2011

Hello douluvme 49

I visit this iland as daawgon say noting to do there except the view point if you are reedy to claim during 1hours in the mountain, base on my experience skip Cat Ba you lost your time
    Marc

#3 Posted: 12/8/2011 - 04:39

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Well, I disagree with stycr. A couple days/nights on Cat Ba is well worth it. Rent a motorbike and explore the island, eat seafood fresh out of the ocean and enjoy the quaint fishing village lifestyle. In my opinion it's a lot better than spending those nights in some cramped junk on Ha Long Bay with a bunch of strangers and expensive food/drink.

Unfortunately I don't have a specific answer to your question... Can't remember the name of the place we stayed a couple years ago, but there are so many decent guesthouses on the main road along the ocean. Accommodation there is also among the cheapest in the entire region. We had an A/C room with a balcony and a big window overlooking the picturesque bay for only US $7/night as I recall... Anyway it's not a hard place to find a good, cheap room.

#4 Posted: 13/8/2011 - 16:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.