Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

When to book Halong Bay/Sapa tours?

• Rubixx

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2011

I want to go to Halong Bay and Sapa between 03/01/2012 and 11/01/2012. Should I book these when I get to the hotel in Hanoi or should I book them early online (if possible). I am one to like to have everything organised before I get there. What are your experiences?

Also, should I book my train tickets from Hue - Danang - Nha Trang now, being that I will be travelling to those places close to the lunar new year?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

#1 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 19:30

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I would book everything ahead of time for Jan - especially train tickets. I took the train from Hue to Nha Trang in soft sleeper - an overlong trip in a dirty compartment. I would only fly if I did it again! The train to Lao Cai/Sapa is much better if you use the private carriages like Livitrans.

Strongly suggest that you fly to Nha Trang - Vietnam Air is great.

#2 Posted: 11/8/2011 - 23:26

• stcyr

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2011

Hello Rubixx

And 2008 i was in Hanoi we stay in the hold City of Hanoi the Hotel was as i remember City Gate hotel not to expensive + clean + breakfast + wifi + air cond+ hot shower. we book the trip at this Hotel and I visit Sapa for a trekking for 3 days it was and November you will have to take the night train , request to get fist class important other wise you may have sum surprise .
    but you could also book to this agency it call Sinh café it rely a good place to book your trip also for Halong Bay you will find this recommendation also on Lonely Planet (Sinh Café)
    For your information at this time of the year November during the day it was hot and at night it was cold rely cold we sleep in a mountain with the Black Monk good expérience .If you need more info my play sure
    As regard your other question I agree with daawgon take the plaine Hanoi to Hue cheep and faster , Hue rely nice but during the time we was there rain , rain , rain

Have a ice trip
    Marc

#3 Posted: 12/8/2011 - 02:28

• Rubixx

Joined Travelfish
    27th June, 2011

Thanks heaps for the advice everyone. I will book those train tickets now. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 13/8/2011 - 17:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
about Sinh cafe tours and tours in Sapa ... By laus on 19 Feb 2010 3 4215 21 Feb 2010