Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

sapa.. the picture on the main page

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

where is it? Lol. Probably going to be in saps towards the end of my upcoming trip in january and that picture just looks like a killer place to have a beer and catch the view foggy or not. Is it a restaurant balcony, GH? Very curious

#1 Posted: 15/8/2011 - 11:54

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know for sure, but it might be a cafe / restaurant place along Muong Hoa. I don't know what it's called but you go up the stairs directly from the street. Pretty much opposite Pinocchio as far as I remember. There are plenty of places with views though!

#2 Posted: 15/8/2011 - 13:47

• think87

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

thnaks for the info..

ywah im looking forward to it bet there are amazing views all over, just curious as the pic looks like a cool spot.

speaking of the views from places, as ill be there in january can anyone give info on how long periods of fog usually last/ as in if i was patient and stayed 4 days.. a week... etc would there be at least a day or so break free from fog?

#3 Posted: 15/8/2011 - 13:58

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Really difficult to say. You might not have any fog in January (a friend went at Christmas and had beautiful clear days) or it might not clear for days. Obviously the longer you're there the more chance you have of a clear day or two!!

#4 Posted: 15/8/2011 - 21:55

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

My guess is the rooftop cafe at the Cat Cat View Hotel - not a very good hotel, but the view is rather nice. January could get a little chilly - bring layers just in case. Maybe the mud will freeze and the trekking will be easier??? I really do love Sapa.

#5 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 10:40

• think87

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

im asuming you can eat at the restaurant without staying at the hotel right? I ask because I was thinking of staying there because reviews say the views are amazing. What didn't you likr about it? What place would you recommend?

#6 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 10:46

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Places visited:
    At least 87

I thought the rooms there were OK but a bit overpriced - you're paying for the view I guess, which is the best in Sapa. I would imagine you'd be able to go in for a drink even if you're not staying there.

#7 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 13:34

• octopus29

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2011

January normally will be a bit foggy in Sapa . If you want to make sure, you can go there at the end of January or beginning of February. I was on a motorbike trip started on Jan. 29 and arrived in Sapa like Feb. 14. Took a pic for my friend and it looks like he was flying on the clouds. I hope to come back there again. Maybe December. I want to see the view.

#8 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 16:55

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I didn't care for the roaches in my room + the room looked like it hadn't had a coat of paint in 30+ years. I believe I paid $20. for that CCV room in late '09. In early '08, I paid only $13. at the Anh Dao Hotel for a much nicer room.

You might consider the small Baguette & Chocolat hotel/restaurant - if the rooms are anything like the food, it must be a winner!

Oh yes, I'm sure you can eat at that rooftop place without accommodation.

#9 Posted: 17/8/2011 - 00:18

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Yes, the rooms at Baguette and Chocolat are very cute. No views or balconies though.

#10 Posted: 17/8/2011 - 07:50

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.