• KirstyB

Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 215

I just heard that Facebook in Vietnam has been officially unblocked (not that I think it was ever "officially blocked" and a work around was often possible). I'm not in Vietnam so can't personally verify this but a sudden flurry of activity on FB by my Vietnamese friends seem to confirm this.

Just need China to lift their block now. Hahaha

#1 Posted: 26/8/2011 - 18:57

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Nope. Afraid it's still blocked as far as my computer's telling me.

#2 Posted: 27/8/2011 - 10:35

• AGRO

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2011

I am in Vietnam and Facebook is no problem. At first in Hanoi it didn't work but I asked the hotel guy who had a small 3 computer internet cafe downstairs and he went to the network settings, did something and now I have access anywhere.

My suggestion is ask any Vietnamese internet shop person and they'll likely easily help you.

#3 Posted: 27/8/2011 - 19:36

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Well it's available in Ha Tien on my computer,whereas it wasn't before.and I haven't changed any settings,so it looks like you're right,and it's now been unblocked.

#4 Posted: 28/8/2011 - 09:49

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Places visited:
    At least 87

After my DNS codes suddenly stopped working and amending the system code had no effect I tried ultrasurf. Got onto Facebook fine but it's screwed up all my browsing history and my Adobe Creative Suite now keeps asking me for the serial number. Had similar problems when I used to use Hotspot Shield. Just a warning! Anyway, I think the situation is that different ISPs have different levels of blockage or whatever it is (excuse my poor terminology) which would explain why some people can get on and I still can't!

#5 Posted: 29/8/2011 - 22:12

• JasonB

Click here to learn more about JasonB
    Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2011
    Location Vietnam

Yes, It has been unblock. But I'm not sure when they are going to block it. So if you can't access facebook in Vietnam, you can try to search on google with: How to access facebook in Vietnam.

#6 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 10:02

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Places visited:
    At least 87

It's intermittent and also depends on your ISP. Still no official 'unblocking' as far as I can tell.

#7 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 13:13

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Yes, depends where you go. Even my own Netbook, which I've modded and works fine in HCMC, refused to fully load the page in Phu Quoc. Back in HCMC, working fine again. Mobile phone application has always worked 100%
    What I do find amusing is that a big electrical outlet in HCMC as, as one of it's selling points for internet TV, is connect to Facebook! Go figure!

#8 Posted: 1/9/2011 - 16:43

• DutchieViet-
    nam

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2011

Its much easier to put Https before the address, or go online through f3.proxymice.com. No need to use ultrasurf or dns!

#9 Posted: 2/9/2011 - 12:45

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Damn, if there's a risk of it messing with my creative suite I won't get near facebook. Shoot, I got the fancy creative suite, the USD10 version in BKK as opposed to the USD3-4 one in PP.

#10 Posted: 5/9/2011 - 08:55

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Facebook in Vietnam ... By Patrick01 on 29 Dec 2011 17 5697 17 Feb 2014