Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

3 day motorbike Vietnam

• aubuchGJ

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2011

I will be in Vietnam for 22 days in October, flying into Saigon and out of Hanoi. I originally wanted to do the DBP loop but it seems like I won't have enough time, so I'm looking for a nice 3-4 day trip that can be done by motorbike. Right now I'm thinking about renting a bike in either Sapa or Dalat and just taking a few days to explore the surrounding area. Any recommendation for a good 3 day trip? Looking for something similar to MHS loop in Thailand. As far as I could tell this has not been covered in a previous post, they seem to all be about the full HCMC-->Hanoi trip or buying and selling. Thanks for your suggestions.

#1 Posted: 17/9/2011 - 11:11

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

I haven't done it by bike myself (did it by bus) but you could definitely fill a few days using Sapa as your base. You could get up to Lai Chau and back in a long day or drive up one day, stay over and back the next. Then, if you're there for a Sunday could drive to Bac Ha for the market - the scenery on the drive there is quite something. Perhaps look at hiring the bike from Lao Cai instead of Sapa then you can drop it back there to get straight onto the bus. There's details about a place to hire bikes in Lao Cai on the Lao Cai section of this site.

Or cruise out to Mai Chau (4-5 hrs from Hanoi, much of the drive is a bit dull but good past Hoa Binh) and on from there - you could get as far as Moc Chau and then loop back I think.

#2 Posted: 17/9/2011 - 12:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.