Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Mekong tour: advices / companions in Vinh Long or Ben tre, now ?

Posted by juju007 on 21/9/2011 at 07:16

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

I'm currently in Vinh Long and plan to go to Ben Tre tomorrow (probably through taxi+ferry+public bus path instead of the bus through My Tho ) before heading to HCMC.

I'm trying to find a cheap tour on mekong river. For now,
- in Vinh Long, only had 300k Dong/15$ tour through hotel or street offer for ~5h tour (An binh, Cai be floating market, bonsai garden, ...; not sure if per person or per boat). Cuu Long Tourist has 25$ per boat for the same trip.
- in Can Tho, starting prices were 10$/20$ for 3h/5-7h trip (one or many market + canal tour) and I had it down to 7/15$ (still not sure if per boat or per person).
- Don't know for Ben Tre, but travelfish page seems to say it is a lot cheaper than My Tho where there is boat tour monopoly.

Comments on price ?
Any nearby traveller(s) wanting to join for today in Vinh Long or tomorrow afternoon or the next day in Ben Tre ?

Sorry for late post.
Thanks

#1 juju007 has been a member since 22/8/2011. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.