Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Getting from HCMC to Phu Quoc

Posted by tijana88 on 8/10/2011 at 23:52

Hi everyone,

What is the best way to get from HCMC to Phu Quoc? I know that there is a ferry but I heard the water can get pretty rough. Am I better off flying?

Thanks!

#1 tijana88 has been a member since 27/9/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 9/10/2011 at 09:48

Posted from within Vietnam.

Well the quickest way is to fly.There are many flights daily from Saigon to PQ with Vietnam Airlines and Air Mekong.Costs from about 40 USD one way.Flight time 1 hour.Of course you don't get to see the Delta on the way,but it's certainly easy and you don't have to worry about the weather.It really depends on your time and budget constraints

#2 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 109
 Website 

Posted by jenniferong on 27/10/2011 at 11:54

Flight is the best option if you don't have much time

Try to book in advance because Phu Quoc is hot destination for domestic traveller from Nov- Apr. Avoid weekends because many local tourists from Ho Chi Minh city comming.

#3 jenniferong has been a member since 27/9/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by caseyprich on 28/10/2011 at 09:10

Flight - cheap, very convenient - kind of a fun little airport to land in as well. If you want to see the delta I'd just fly one-way, as unlike most airlines the price for tickets is the same for Vietnam Airlines if you book one-way or return. We flew to Phu Quoc return, then took a mini-van into the Delta when we returned from HCMC - certainly saved a lot of time.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.