Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

HELP!! Need ATM

• adamwsmith

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

HElp, I'm doing the Northwest Loop by motorbike. Ive got to Son La, from Mai Chau and Hanoi. I've just discovered that the is no ATM here in Son La, and I'm repidly running out of cash. Does anyone know if there is an ATM which takes UK credit cards (Visa) in Dien Bin Phu or Sapa.

Thanks, and fingers crossed.

#1 Posted: 12/2/2007 - 10:41

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You're probably getting this message too late, but I'm pretty sure the answer is No! How did you fare?

#2 Posted: 15/2/2007 - 21:54

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Good luck. I worked there for 6 months and developed an intimate relationship with the bank tellers in DBP.

Hope none of your remaining bills are Dong100,000 or Dong500,000 as only the banks will know what to do.

You can negotiate cash with your credit card at some banks - the VietComBank is really great for this but allow two days.

#3 Posted: 5/3/2007 - 01:09

• adamwsmith

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2006

Everything turned out ok. AFter wandering around for ages looking for one, and only being directed to the AGribank atm (which doesn't ake Visa), a helpful tour guide popped up and took me to the Visa ATM. It's strainght down the main road from Song La, then bear left at the big roundabout and it's on the right hand side of the road.

Was much relieved.

#4 Posted: 5/3/2007 - 16:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.