Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Elegance Hotel (1 or 2), Hanoi

• Blueeyedboy-

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2006

Does anyone have any experience of these hotels, good or bad?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 16/2/2007 - 06:24

• Advertisement

• jimsh

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hanoi Elegance 2 in early Feb 2007. And we're glad we scouted around on our own instead of depending on something from a guidebook. The rooms are spotless, artfully furnished and a joy to return to after a whole day's of walking in the dusty Old Quarter. Location wise, it overlooks one of the quieter streets and is only about five mins walk to the Hoan Kiem Lake and just opposite the Handspan office so it was very convenient for us when we returned from our Halong Bay tour. Compared to some other places, Hanoi Elegance could come across a little bit pricey but it's definitely a small price to pay when you're essentially getting a 3-star to 4-star hotel for the price of a 1 or 2-star. Furthemore, the staff were friendly and helpful and the free internet in the rooms was a bonus when we needed to check for weather updates. The hotel is new and I understand it was only built in May 2006 but I hope that it maintains its clean, well-kept standard which would guarantee repeat visits from me.

Good luck,
    Jim

#2 Posted: 16/2/2007 - 15:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi Elegance Hotel - Brand new boutique hotel in Hanoi's Old Quarter ... By Hanoielegance2hotel on 6 Jan 2007 0 3352 6 Jan 2007