Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

short beach holiday from hcmc?

• flan

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi all

I want to take a short beach holiday from HCMC (which is where I live). There are the obvious choices of Phu Quoc, Mui Ne or Nha Trang but I would really love to go somewhere a bit different, like a beach in East Thailand. I have read that its very overdeveloped there but am looking for somewhere more relaxing. I only have 5 days including travelling time, any suggestions?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 04:29

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Have you been to the beach places in Vietnam already?
    I don't see why the overdeveloped beaches in East Thailand would be more relaxing than Phu Quoc or Mui Ne.

Ko Chang and surrounding islands are indeed nice but not so quickly to get to. Either fly to Phnom Penh or to Bangkok and then take a bus + ferry. Either way it will take you a full day travel both ways. Apparently Trat has a Bangkok airways airport exclusively for them so that could be an option if you're willing to part with the money and get there quicker and easier.

#2 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 07:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Extremely short trip in HCMC, advice! ... By kateemily on 1 Jun 2011 5 2817 16 Jun 2011