Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

HOI TO HCMC - fly, train or bus

• WILLIAMS5

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

We are flying up to Hoi An from HCMC but considering travelling on land for the return leg. Is this a very scenic route worth travelling? Are sections of it more scenic than others or is it just a long strectch of highway? Happy to break it up with bus & overnight train if feasible? Any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated. Accom in Hoi An? - clean and central for 2A & 3 teenagers?

#1 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 14:02

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You don't say if and where you'd like to stop along that route. I did it by train on my way to Dalat last year and the trip was very long and boring (train is also none too clean/bugs). The bus is downright dangerous because the roads are deathtraps - just google for road deaths in Vietnam, and you'll understand. If you want to stop in Nha Trang, Dalat or Mui Ne, I really suggest you fly.

#2 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 12:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.