Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam travel

Posted by ddoherty49 on 21/11/2011 at 11:51

Hi
I am traveling from Hanoi to HCMC in early April 2012 and have four days to do it, any suggestions how and where would be appreciated as i want to see as much as possible

#1 ddoherty49 has been a member since 18/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 21/11/2011 at 13:11

Four days only? You'll be on the move each day, with little/no time to appreciate the places along the way. I would suggest spending that time in Hanoi, then fly to HCMC. If the four days is in addition to time you would have already spent in Hanoi, then fly to HCMC and spend the days in Mekong Delta.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by SeaninHanoi on 27/11/2011 at 21:14

Posted from within Vietnam.

I would take the train from HCMC to Hue or Da Nang and spend 1 day a 1 night there or use jetstar and fly from HCMC to Hanoi ad then do some trips. Hue is nice for 1 day 1 night visit and so is DaNang and the sleep train is comfortable.

#3 SeaninHanoi has been a member since 27/11/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by huecity on 3/12/2011 at 04:25

You only have 4 days you should stay and visit Ho Chi Minh 1 day, Tay Ninh and Cu Chi Tunnel 1 day and Mekong Delta 2 days. There is group trip or private trip as yoru wish. If you need any more information you can chat or send me email
My yahoo nick: huetourist1
Thanks

#4 huecity has been a member since 1/12/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by quenano on 3/12/2011 at 07:15

hi huecity is it true that i can buy genuine northface and nike stuff at saigon market?

#5 quenano has been a member since 20/12/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by travellingsarah on 4/12/2011 at 00:55 TF writer

I really wouldn't recommend trying to see any more than just Hanoi and HCMC in that time, with a flight between the two. Both cities offer plenty to keep you occupied with the opportunity to do day trips if you have time - which depends on whether you have 4 full days or arrive on day 1 and leave on day 4. If the latter then you will have no time for anything but a day or so in each and the travel between.

#6 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.