Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam travel

• ddoherty49

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

Hi
    I am traveling from Hanoi to HCMC in early April 2012 and have four days to do it, any suggestions how and where would be appreciated as i want to see as much as possible

#1 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 11:51

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Four days only? You'll be on the move each day, with little/no time to appreciate the places along the way. I would suggest spending that time in Hanoi, then fly to HCMC. If the four days is in addition to time you would have already spent in Hanoi, then fly to HCMC and spend the days in Mekong Delta.

#2 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 13:11

• SeaninHanoi

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I would take the train from HCMC to Hue or Da Nang and spend 1 day a 1 night there or use jetstar and fly from HCMC to Hanoi ad then do some trips. Hue is nice for 1 day 1 night visit and so is DaNang and the sleep train is comfortable.

#3 Posted: 27/11/2011 - 21:14

• huecity

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

You only have 4 days you should stay and visit Ho Chi Minh 1 day, Tay Ninh and Cu Chi Tunnel 1 day and Mekong Delta 2 days. There is group trip or private trip as yoru wish. If you need any more information you can chat or send me email
    My yahoo nick: huetourist1
    Thanks

#4 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 04:25

• quenano

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

hi huecity is it true that i can buy genuine northface and nike stuff at saigon market?

#5 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 07:15

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11

I really wouldn't recommend trying to see any more than just Hanoi and HCMC in that time, with a flight between the two. Both cities offer plenty to keep you occupied with the opportunity to do day trips if you have time - which depends on whether you have 4 full days or arrive on day 1 and leave on day 4. If the latter then you will have no time for anything but a day or so in each and the travel between.

#6 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 00:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.