Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Siem Reap

• backpacker21

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2011

Hi, may I know if there's a way to Siem Reap from Hanoi ? What's the travel time? If there's none, can you please give me some insights on how we can maximize our time? We only have 7 days to explore Hanoi (Halong Bay) and Cambodia (Siem Reap). Our IT would be Saigon-Hanoi-Cambodia -Saigon. In base is Saigon. Plan to spend just a night there before flying back to the Philippines.

Thanks for your help!

#1 Posted: 25/11/2011 - 04:44

• Advertisement

• Huetourist1

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,
    You can take flight from Siem reap to Ha Noi. I think your itinerary should be as follow.
    Arrive Siem Reap
    Visit Siem Reap
    Take flight Siem Reap - Sai gon
    Visit Sai Gon
    Take flight Sai Gon to Ha Noi
    visit Ha Noi
    Ha Noi - ha long Bay 2 days.

But with the time is 7 days for you to visit Siem Reap - Sai gon - Ha Noi & Ha Long Bay is so rush. You should spend more 3 days.
    Otherwise you can take flight from Siem Reap to Ha Noi without visiting Saigon you have enough 7 days
    Any help from me, email to me
    www.huetouristvietnam.com

#2 Posted: 25/11/2011 - 21:30

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Even if Scotty could beam you from coordinate to coordinate (which he can't) you only have seven days to cover four locations (Halong Bay being the fourth). Do yourself a favor and cut Hanoi or cut Siem Reap.

#3 Posted: 26/11/2011 - 05:31

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Or come back to the temples and Cambodia another time.

7 days sounds doable for Saigon, Hanoi and HB. Albeit you would probably ideally look for 8-9.

Siem Reap into the mix also is sheer and utter madness. You're looking at something like 36 hours per venue were you to do that.

#4 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 10:56

• backpacker21

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2011

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We had a change of plan. We won't include Hanoi anymore. Instead our 7 days will be spent in Saigon and Siem Reap. Will have a separate trip to Hanoi some other time though.

#5 Posted: 1/12/2011 - 05:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi - Siem Reap ... By eirie on 15 Feb 2008 7 9506 7 Jun 2008