Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi to Denpasar

• ChrisM48

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2006

I am wanting to fly from Hanoi to Denpasar. So far, to do this, will need to fly from Hanoi to Bangkok and then a connection from Bangkok to Denpasar.
    Has anyone flown direct from Hanoi to Denpasar, presumaby with Vietnam Air? It is impossible to get on Vietnam Air website at the moment

If this is the case, is it realistic to book from either Vietnam or Thailand?

What is the approximate cost?

#1 Posted: 23/2/2007 - 12:51

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Chris,

The connections between Vietnam and Indonesia are not too hot - I wish they were better!

I know Garuda fly from Jakarta to Saigon and that Jetstar fly to both Bali and Sgn (the latter starting shortly), but I don't know of any carriers flying Hanoi to Bali direct. Given the Vietnam Airlines website is still busted, I'd hazard a guess your best bet may be Tiger Airways from Hanoi to Singapore, then Jetstar to Bali.

#2 Posted: 23/2/2007 - 17:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Oh and I forgot to mention, if you're looking for a great place in Bali, check out this post I made last week when we returned from a week there.

#3 Posted: 23/2/2007 - 17:13

• skinnylatte

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2005

I think you'd do better to catch a direct flight to Singapore via Jetstar (quick! tickets going cheap now!), spend a day or two there, then to catch another Jetstar flight to Bali.

#4 Posted: 23/2/2007 - 21:37

• ChrisM48

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2006

Thanks for the tips. Have had a look and Tiger Air and Jetstar both able to accomodate the flights.

Bonus, even cheaper than we expected and a visit to another country!!

#5 Posted: 25/2/2007 - 06:42

• skinnylatte

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2005

ChrisM48: If you have any questions about Singapore at all, where to live, what to go, what to eat — feel free to ask me! I'd be glad to help.

#6 Posted: 25/2/2007 - 15:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.