Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam to Thailand?

• niceoneman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2011

Can anyone help me with this question? I have read a few posts which are outdated. I am looking for the best/fastest way to get from Vietnam to Thailand? I am looking at ground travel as flights are a little$$
    I am flying in from Canada and staying for 3-4 day and of to Thailand after that. Going to fly into Hanoi..thanks so much

#1 Posted: 2/12/2011 - 21:28

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm not clear from your post whether you want to travel back to Thailand from Hanoi or are just flying into Hanoi and then want to travel back via somewhere else in Vietnam. From Hanoi it'd be quickest (in the relative sense) to go from Hanoi to Vientiene, via a 24+ hour bus journey, and then get the train/bus to Bangkok and from HCMC go to Phnom Penh and then bus it from there - that's quicker than from Hanoi.

BUT remember that you're going to have to pay for a visa for Cambodia / Laos for either of these options so it might be cheaper to fly - flights are available for around $70 from Hanoi and HCMC.

#2 Posted: 2/12/2011 - 22:32

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

You do not say when you are looking to travel.The fastest and best way is to fly.AirAsia have cheap flights available.February next year is showing from 42USD +taxes (=71USD) If you factor in the costs of land travel.accomodation and visas needed,I can't see how it would be cheaper to do it overland.It's worth checking their website regularly as they have frequent shortlived promotional fares-I just flew from Phnom Penh to Bangkok for 65USD incl taxes

#3 Posted: 2/12/2011 - 22:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.