Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

New Years in Nha Trang

• khizarhayat

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2011

I will be traveling to Vietnam on 28th of December, will spend couple of days in HCMC and the move on towards Nha Trang as i have been told beach party takes place in Nha Trang but i am not sure how is it going to be, last year i was at full moon in Thailand and i am guessing it will be not same like that.

I was hoping if any of you can let me know what will be the best party place on 31st of December? (preferably beach, may be a mini full moon).

#1 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 17:06

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

It's pretty simple. Nha Trang has only 1 beach, which is very long, and the best thing would be to just go to the beach and stroll along and stop at the place that you fancy. Most beach bars are in the central part and you won't have to walk that far. Most guesthouses are located near the central part as well.
    Also ask around before and you will find out quickly enough. Good chance that you will end up in a bar at the central part.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 20:17

• khizarhayat

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2011

Thanks!

What about accommodation guest houses are right at the beach like Thailand? or they are off the main beach strip? what i have seen in pictures it looks like no beach huts.

#3 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 03:51

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

No beach huts indeed. It's a town bordering on the coast and it's not like any Thai island. A little bit comparable to Phuket or Hua Hin in terms of lay out. Guesthouses are very close though and most of the times it's just crossing the main beach road to reach the beach.

#4 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 04:07

• khizarhayat

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2011

New years is defiantly Nha trang, thats what i have heard and read but are there any other happening coastal towns? which can match Nha Trang with its night life?

#5 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 04:11

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Within Vietnam on the coast? No way. But if it's that important to you, you might want to consider Thailand again or Sihanoukville in Cambodia. If you're used to partying Thailand-style you might be disappointed. Even in Nha Trang..

#6 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 04:29

• danielleand-
    mike

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2011

hey, we were in nha trang in june. amazing. there was a beach party every saturday at the sailing club its called, on the beach front. if you get there before a certain time its free for girls. just be a little careful in nha trang quite a lot og mugging went on not with my self but a few in my group. we paid $10 a night for accomondation. theres loads to do here. make sure you go over to the island 'VINPEARL' brilliant. $10 for all inclusive waterpark, arcade, theme park. loved it and the beach there is even more fab then the actual nha trang beach.
    have fun. xx
    as eastwest says though as good as this beach party was i dont think it even comes close to thailands full moon! but i dont really think anything does ha xx

#7 Posted: 7/12/2011 - 22:55

• khizarhayat

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2011

I'd like to think that mugging wont be an issue for us as we will be 8 boys traveling together but thanks for the tip i will definitely keep that in mind...Apart from new years eve do you suggest any other town with nice nightlife?

#8 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 05:36

• danielleand-
    mike

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2011

Hanoi I loved and would love to go back. loads of pubs/clubs in the travellers distract (district 9) i think it was called but get a lonely planet vietam travel guide tells you where all the travellers go an stay in each destination. If you goto Hanoi book the Halong Bay tour with Hanoi backpackers hostel!! best 3days of my life booze cruize/piss up/paradise/swimming in the night with glow up plancton=unbelievable!!! theres 3 boats, big wooden ones get ur own cabbin and all food included....about 50-60 ppl just having a ball!! Defo a must do!!! wouldnt bother with dalat we left in aabout 12hours after arriving. Overall id say hanoi, halong bay tour (but only with the hanoi backpackers all the other tours were ment to be romantic or full of old people all in bed by 9!) nha trang, and hcmc, we also stayed in mui ne for a coule of days too was nice sand dunes and that but would ntsay it had as many bars/clubs as the other places.
    Have fun dude xx

#9 Posted: 14/12/2011 - 18:58

• danielleand-
    mike

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2011

p.s. the hanoi backpackers hostel is the 'place to stay' in hanoi so get it booked early normally about $6 a night. make sure you book the new one too because their is 2 an the old one is far out the city!! x

#10 Posted: 14/12/2011 - 19:00

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
HCMC or Nha Trang for new years? ... By ellerose on 8 Jun 2012 18 4412 28 Aug 2012