Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay Tour

Posted by suzienichols on 4/12/2011 at 05:29

Help please in choosing a Halong Bay Tour. I'm currently planning a Vietnam Cambodia trip for 2013 and am looking to book a 2 day/ 1 night trip to Halong Bay. I've done some research so far- internet/ Trip advisor but am still no closer to choosing a trip! Some of the packages seem extremely expensive for Vietnam. I'm not particularly looking for top end/ luxury. I just just want something that is clean, with decent food and is not going to rip us off! For the rest of our trip we will use mid range priced accommodation as a guide. I don't mind it being a bit more expensive, but some of the prices I've seen ($200-$250!) are right out of my price range! Any advice good or bad greatly received.

#1 suzienichols has been a member since 5/9/2010. Posts: 17

Posted by Angelia_Nguyen on 7/12/2011 at 03:01

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are many cruises on Halong Bay, let try with Indochina Sails, Huong Hai, Bai Tho....

#2 Angelia_Nguyen has been a member since 28/1/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by swag on 7/12/2011 at 16:11

hi there I used the original Kangaroo Cafe 3d/2n cruise June 2010 and it was great. Not over the top clean cabins plenty of good food it all went pretty smoothly. Halong Bay trips are definitely one trip were you get what you pay for.

#3 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 330

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.