Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

Here at Travelfish.org we know it is December because there is a deluge of new spam from Vietnam (primarily Hanoi and Hue) from Vietnam-based mostly travel agents, spruiking their wares.

You're not welcome here.

This post is just to save myself the trouble of replying to the dozen or so I've banned already in the last few days.

If you are a Vietnam-based travel agent, planning to suggest your services, you are not welcome on Travelfish.org. That is all.

We suggest you go post on Thorntree or TripAdvisor, both of which seem to be more tolerant than I of this kind of stuff.

If you are a Vietnam-based hotel, and assuming we do not already list you, you are welcome to make a single post in the Vietnam additions section of the forum. Do not post anywhere else on the forum. If you do, you will be banned.

If we even guess you are a travel agent, we will ban you.

So, to save yourself and us time, please just don't bother.

If you think we're being unreasonable, I'm sorry to hear that. Around 90% of the accounts we ban for this type of spam are from Vietnam and of those about 80% are from Hanoi or Hue. You dug this hole for yourselves.

Have a nice day.

#1 Posted: 5/12/2011 - 20:54

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.