Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Want to go on a junk boat in Halong Bay - who to book through?

• alt

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi folks,
    Just arrived in Hanoi, staying http://www.hanoiserenityhotel.com which gives an address of: 1B Cua Dong St., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi

We are just NW of the lake in the old quarter.

We want to book a 1 night, 2 day junk boat (we should do 2 nights but don't have the time) but the problem is we just don't know who to book with... any time I try to google info it just comes up with scam tour 'operators' or 'agents'.

Can anyone make any recommendations? Or somewhere I can go within walking distance of my hotel to get a reliable operator at a decent price?

The hotel does offer the service and i'd be inclined to trust them more as we're staying here - the lady was quite helpful when we arrived today.... if I get nowhere i'll just do this... I just want to try to get the best price.

Thanks folks

#1 Posted: 9/12/2011 - 06:11

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Halong Bay -- Annam Junk and making a 6p flight after Halong -- any feedback? ... By jburkland on 8 Nov 2007 2 1658 10 Nov 2007
junk cruises Halong bay ... By kevnic on 8 Jun 2011 6 5187 9 Jun 2011
November on a Halong-Bai Tu Long Bay junk - what to wear? ... By JazzyJ on 25 Oct 2014 1 267 26 Oct 2014