Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Tailors in Bangkok

• jetson

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this? I want to have some suits tailored suits made when I arrive. I have never been before and have heard this is possible. And a possible starting price point.
    I have read some reviews on another site and they are mixed emotions on which place to shop.

thanks

Jetson

#1 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 02:27

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

I don't have any experience with BKK tailors. If you can, go to Hong Kong and try the better tailors there like WW Chan.

There are two threads about BKK tailors in other forums that I hope you will find informative.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1207953

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?60438-A-visit-to-Rajawongse&highlight=rajawongse

In the askandy thread, one poster says that Narin couture will make a fully canvassed suit. If that is true, than that would be the first place I would consider.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 06:18

• ComeAndGoVi-
    etnam

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I use Crown Tailor at Sukhumvit soi 8 (just on the left near the top of the soi). VERY good service, really friendly guys who take pride in their work and spend a long, long time measuring you up to get the right fit. No touts outside, no hassle, & really good quality clothes. Tell them Tim Russell sent you!

#3 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 20:45

• phishsticks

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2011

Tim, whats the going rate for a tailored suit?

#4 Posted: 7/1/2012 - 08:12

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi there I have used one tailor in Bangkok numerous times. Have found them to be competetive, great fabric and well made. Raja's International tailors, shop 147 Sukhumvit Rd 11 opposite Nana BTS Station, I can't comment on the price of a suit as I haven't been there for 3 years. They also keep your measurements on file with a piece of fabric of the piece you have had made. I have had shirts, pants and jacket made with only 1 problem that was fixed within a couple of hours.

cheers

#5 Posted: 7/1/2012 - 17:11

• ComeAndGoVi-
    etnam

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Can't remember exactly but I think I got a suit & 3 shirts for less than $250.

#6 Posted: 8/1/2012 - 09:23

• jetson

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2012

Thanks guys/gals

Just realized I posted this in Vietnam forum...Must have been drunk, sorry!!!

#7 Posted: 10/1/2012 - 16:49

• piterthomas

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2013

Toms Fashion custom tailors in Bangkok is where most expats, including me, who live here have their clothes made. They have been in business since 1987 and do an excellent job

#8 Posted: 8/2/2013 - 03:34

• JohnnyCash

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008

I have been going to Excelsior in Bangkok for years and have been fully happy with them. Most of the suits bought from them over 10 years are all still in great shape.

Excelsior tailoring entails the personal attention of a cutter who measures the customer, creates and cuts a pattern, and directly supervises the making and fitting of the garment. They also use English finest fabrics and trimmings.

They are located opposite Le Meredien Hotel at Suriwongse Road.

#9 Posted: 8/2/2013 - 09:42

• punx4life

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2013

Are BKK tailors, or Asian tailors overall for that matter, good at making slim fit clothes?
    I can't imagine slim fit suits have caught on over there yet...

#10 Posted: 15/2/2013 - 16:47

• Advertisement

• PhiMeow

Click here to learn more about PhiMeow
    Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

Are BKK tailors, or Asian tailors overall for that matter, good at making slim fit clothes?
    Vietnamese tailors always cut a slim fit (it's the norm as most VN people are slim). If you are a regular non slim size you have to make sure you tell them not to make the suit slim! Thailand tailors are used to farangs and they can cope with the full range of fits.

#11 Posted: 16/2/2013 - 00:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Recomendations for Tailors in Bangkok ... By kristianmoua on 25 Nov 2010 10 4405 14 Nov 2012