Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa Question

• Twerto

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2011

Hi, I am going to be travelling to Vietnam in August/ September of this year for 3 - 4 weeks and as part of the trip i am planning to go to Thailand for 2 weeks on the back of it.

Since it is cheaper to fly back to Hanoi where i am flyning to from the uk rather than get two singles I was wondering what type of Visa I should apply for? how how best to go about it. I will be in Vietnam for approx 21 days then travelling to Thailand for 14 days with 7 days going through Cambodia mainly to see Angkor Wat. 6 weeks in total.

#1 Posted: 10/1/2012 - 20:20

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

If you pass Viet Immigration more than once, you need a multiple-entry visa. I've always used the VOA online application, and Hanoi is a better airport for that than Saigon. Have you thought about an open jaw ticket rather than a roundtrip - often about the same price as a roundtrip, and you don't have to backtrack to the starting point just to fly out + your visa cost will be only for a single-entry visa. For instance, you could possibly get an open jaw ticket into Hanoi and out of Bangkok or Siem Reap. This is what I'm planning on doing for my next trip, since I want to travel to Bangkok, Luang Prabang and Hanoi.

#2 Posted: 10/1/2012 - 22:48

• Twerto

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2011

Thanks Daawgon for your advice. I will head off and check out Open Jaw flights now and see how I get on.

Cheers.

#3 Posted: 12/1/2012 - 11:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.