Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

domestic flights in Vietnam

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

Hi !!
    Is it possible to do the following single flights without going back to my starting point?
    Hanoi-hue,hue-Da nang,Da nang-Na trang,Na trang-HCM.
    I dont have many days so i want to save time.
    Any reccomentations are acceptaple.
    Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 13:28

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Hue-Danang is only 2 hours by bus so no flight required for this leg I would imagine.

Otherwise I believe you can fly the other routes you mention. Jetstar is a good option when flying internally in Vietnam.

#2 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 15:58

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

thanks chinarocks !!

#3 Posted: 14/1/2012 - 16:55

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Jetstar is a terrible option at any time and at any price - this airline is famous for delays and old equipment. If you want your trip to be in shreds, then book Jetstar!

#4 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 12:54

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I should have caveated my comment, as follows:

I found Jetstar to be a good option when flying internally in Vietnam, cheap and reliable.

Clearly this may have changed, as per daawgon's comment.

#5 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 15:22

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

maybe vietnam airlines are more reliable.i dont mind to pay a little bit more money.
    thanks a lot both of you!!

#6 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 15:49

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

thanks lam.
    I dont know exactly the days because i will decide when im gone a be in vietnam.
    If i need ur help i will contact with you.

#7 Posted: 18/1/2012 - 00:16

• pinoytravel-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Dear Deco,

Yes, it is possible to start your Vietnam tour from Hanoi and end your trip in Ho Chi Minh City. I have experienced flying with Jetstar within Vietnam back in 2009 & 2010 and I have no problems with their service. There was no change in the original schedule at all. I have no idea about their performance during the previous years. Outside Vietnam, my experience with Jetstar is very disappointing. After purchasing my Singapore-Macau and Macau-Singapore tickets it was so frustrating that I can no longer do the trip because it seems Jetstar have problems keeping the flight schedule they originally announced. In fairness, they are fast in returning your money.

Vietnam Airlines never disappoints. Yes, their fare are more expensive because they do not belong to the budget carrier category like Jetstar. I did a flight with them for sectors Hanoi-Siem Reap, Phnom Penh-Hanoi, and Hue-Ho Chi Minh City before and had a pleasant experience in all those flights.

For my upcoming trip this year, I was able to purchase a cheap ticket from Vietnam Airlines when I visited their website when I started planning my trip last year. The online fare they offered for Danang-Ho Chi Minh City was cheaper than what I paid Jetstar for the same route, so if you want to find a real bargain plan your trip early and book ahead.

I have no hesitation in saying that Vietnam Airlines is the most reliable airline within Vietnam, and being the national carrier they the most number of domestic flights. Finally, their staff (both at terminals and inflight) are all warm and friendly.

Pinoytraveler

#8 Posted: 18/1/2012 - 03:28

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

Thanks Pinoytraveler .i agree with you .is better to pay a little bit more and treavel safe.

#9 Posted: 18/1/2012 - 07:46

• pinoytravel-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

@Deco

Do you intend to visit the 5 UNESCO world heritage sites during your trip?

Pinoytraveler

#10 Posted: 18/1/2012 - 17:47

• Advertisement

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

pinoytravel-er .I know that halong bay is one of them..but the other four ?

#11 Posted: 19/1/2012 - 00:14

• pinoytravel-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

@Deco

The other 4 are:

1. Complex of Hue Monuments. Take are full day tour to cover the 2 imperial tombs of emperors Minh Mang, Tu Duc, and Khai Din, the Royal Citadel, and Thien Mu Pagoda.

2. Phong Nha Ke-Bang National Park - This requires one whole day. Book the tour from Hue.

3. Hoi An Ancient Town. This is just a short drive from Danang but I suggest you spend at least 2 days here to enjoy the Old town and the beach.

4. My Son Sanctuary. Also, a short drive from Hoi An. You can book the early morning tour so you can return to you your hotel around 10 a.m.

I have been to these places a couple of times already and will make another trip this year together with my sister.

Please let me know if you need further info.

Best regards,
    Pinoytraveler

#12 Posted: 19/1/2012 - 10:50

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

Thanks Pinoytraveler !! I have a whole month..so i think is possible to start from hanoi and finish in HCM including also these places..is my first time in Vietnam and probably the last ..so i want to see as much as possible..im going alone so i can change my plans anytime..
    Thanks again ..i will be very happy if you give me any information which you think is useful for me.

#13 Posted: 19/1/2012 - 15:20

• pinoytravel-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

@Deco
    You're lucky to have one full month to travel; I believe this is enough to cover Vietnam from North to South.

While in Hanoi you can do the following:

Hanoi City Tour - Most of the major tourist attractions can be visited in a day or two. The
    water puppet show at Thang Long Water Puppet Theater should not be missed.

Halong Bay - I did this tour in one day but will definitely opt for 2 days to include Cat Ba Island if I had the luxury of time.

Sapa - this has always been in my wishlist but it needs at least 3 days.

Perfume Pagoda or Tam Coc - Also in my wishlist. One day tour is available.

Hue (2-3 days)

Hue City Tour is a full day tour which covers the imperial tombs, Thien Mu Pagoda and the Citadel.

Phong Nha Ke-Bang - A day tour from Hue can be booked if you want some company go for the group tour, otherwise, you can hire a private car with driver (as what we did last June 2010 when I traveled with my family)

De-militarized Zone (DMZ) - A separate tour package is available but if you are traveling on a private car you can make a side trip on the way to Phong Nha Ke-Bang. We spent an hour at the Vinh Moc tunnels (not to be missed).

The option to fly from Hue to Danang is no.t available (although there are airports in both cities, no flights on this route). You can either take a tourist bus direct to Hoi An or book a train ticket to Danang or hire a private car so you can do a quick tour along the way. The scene from Hai Van Pass is awesome.

You can visit Danang Cathedral, Cham Museum, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Cao Dai Temple, Phap Lam Pagoda, and Marble Mountains before arriving in Hoi An.

Hoi An (2-3 days)

Hoi An Old town tour can be done in one day. You can book the My Son Sanctuary early morning tour for the next day, then return to Hoi An at noon time. You can head to Cau Dai Beach then return to Hoi An to spend the evening. You will definitely feel like spending more time in this charming town so expect to stay longer.

You can fly to Nha Trang from Danang. Vinpearl is the main attraction in Nha Trang.

You may proceed to Mui Ne to visit the sandy dunes and fairy chimneys and continue to Dalat or do these trips from Ho Chi Minh City .

Ho Chi Minh City (2-3 days)

Saigon City Tour - allocate at least 2 days to cover most of the sights.
    Mekong Delta Tour - one day tour covering My Tho & Ben Tre can be booked but there are options for a longer tour package.
    Cao Dai and Cu Chi Tunnels - one day tour.

I think your itinerary will depend much not only on the places you want to see but also the things that interest you most.

Best regards,
    Pinoytraveler

P.S.- My Vietnam trip this year starts in Hanoi on June 2, 2012 and ends in Ho Chi Minh City on June 11, 2012.

#14 Posted: 20/1/2012 - 03:56

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

pinoytravel-er..thanks a lot for these very useful informations...for sure you help me to organise my trip better .I will try to follow your instructions because as i can see we are interested in the same thinks..
    my trip starts in hanoi on feb 05 and ends in HCM on 06 mar.
    Thanks again and wish you all the best!!

#15 Posted: 20/1/2012 - 09:29

• pinoytravel-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

@Deco

You are welcome!

Looking at your possible itinerary I can see you have more than enough time to cover Vietnam. If you are holding an ASEAN passport then there is no problem traveling to nearby Cambodia from Ho Chi Minh City. If you need a visa you can easily visit their embassy but I believe visa on arrival (VOA) is available at the border. The bus ride is comfortable, the Moc Bai-Bavet border crossing is an easy one, and the trip takes 6 hours until Phnom Penh. From the Cambodian capital, you can visit Angkor Wat in Siem Reap which is a 6-hr bus trip or an hour-long flight. We did this trip last June 2011 and it was indeed a pleasant experience.

#16 Posted: 20/1/2012 - 13:08

• sk3

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2011

To add in my two cents, I had a very pleasant experience last summer (2011) flying Nha Trang-Da Nang, Da Nang-Hanoi, Hanoi-Siem Reap, and Siem Reap-HCMC, all on Vietnam Airlines. No experience with Jetstar, but I will say that Vietnam Airlines service/amenities felt akin to a standard coach experience in the US.

#17 Posted: 20/1/2012 - 17:55

• deco

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2011
    Location Cyprus

pinoytravel-er..I was in phnom pehn in 2004 but just for 4 days ..is very easy to get a visa on arrival..i took a flihgt from bkk..i havent been to siem reap and it was my mistake...is better to travel in just one country and try to see as much as possible if you have just a few days..In 2005 i travel to Cuba,Venezuela,Curasao and 2 days in Paris..all these in 20 days..is just impossible..you cant enjoy anything..
    sk3..safety is above all..vietam airlines i think is the best.. t
    thanks both of you!!

#18 Posted: 21/1/2012 - 02:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Domestic flights in Vietnam ... By lexkssnbrg on 11 May 2009 20 8317 24 May 2013
Domestic flights ... By georg066 on 8 Jan 2014 3 703 9 Jan 2014
domestic flights ... By klomper on 7 Feb 2011 2 2916 8 Feb 2011
Domestic Flights ... By BT82 on 3 May 2008 2 3024 11 Jun 2008
Domestic flights ... By potta_boro on 12 Sep 2011 1 1527 12 Sep 2011
Domestic flights and booking ... By Thinwhiteduke on 28 May 2009 2 1952 29 May 2009
Domestic flights - in advance or while I'm there ... By akhetan on 30 May 2011 1 3213 30 May 2011
domestic flights bangkok to chiang mai ... By monikaundsandra on 13 Oct 2009 2 1951 13 Oct 2009
Translation please. Booking domestic flights ... By SBE on 28 Sep 2012 12 2344 1 Oct 2012
Domestic Flights - whats the deal? ... By katie304 on 17 Aug 2007 8 3439 21 Aug 2007