Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Where should a backpacker spend Tet?

• MikeTV

Joined Travelfish
    6th December, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

Any advice on where to go and what to do during the week of Tet? I'm currently in Mui Ne and will probably be headed to HCMC unless pursuaded to do otherwise. What's a backpacker to do?

#1 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 19:05

• Advertisement

• nesloc

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2012

Try to go to provinces in the mekong delta and celebrate the lunar new year with the locals, it will be an awesome journey as the people are warm and nicer. we are a hotel with clean room, modernly designed rooms and reasonable price. we can accommodate you during this festive season

#2 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 20:53

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

I just arrived here in Saigon this arvo and am wondering much the same thing. I could have sworn Tet was starting on Tuesday, but evidently it's Tet-eve tonight (Sunday). I'm somewhere downtown in the touristy bit of what I think is district 1 and it doesn't seem to be going off as much as I would've thought.

I'm comparing it to the typical New Year's vibe I'm used to in Sydney, Aus, so maybe it all happens in the days proceeding after tonight?

Any recs for where to go/what to do in the big city?

#3 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 09:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.