Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

motorbiking vietnam during tet?

• henoo92

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2011

hello,
    didnt realise about tet untill i arrived in hcmc and you cant buy open bus tickets because is too busy, buying bus tickets for each destination as you go seems to be very expensive.

is it a good idea just buying a bike and travel north to hanoi stopping off at each place and then selling the bike at the end rather than taking buses?

does anyone else fancy doing the same thing starting as soon as possible as my visa runs out on 13th feb. i dont really like the idea of riding all that way by myself? im a 19 year old english guy, let me know soon. :)

#1 Posted: 17/1/2012 - 02:47

• Advertisement

• Pelicoo

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Did you decide to get a motorbike? We're trying to get hold of one so we can leave HCMC in the next couple of days.

#2 Posted: 21/1/2012 - 12:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.